Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Circuit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigC

I need a simple way to build a circuit that would receive an input pulse and output a pulse after a period of time. A better way to describe it is like the lights on a cell phone, when you press a key the keypad lights up and after a period of inactivity the lights go off. Thanks for any help.

timer circuit

:D hi craigc,

what you need is a 555 timer ic operated in the monostable mode, or if not you can also use small signal transistors.

with a little patience try browsing thru this forum and you can find the circuit diagram of both suggestions.

i could not for the moment post diagrams, my scanner has gone kaput :cry:

need circuit for long period timer

im doing a project regards 'auto fish feeder'...for tht i need a long period which can set such tht can turn ON feeder motor 5hrs once, or 4hrs once...please if anyone can guide me..its will be great.

timing circuit

:D hi kumar,

what i can suggest to use for that long period of 4 to 5 hours is a programmable timer ic. its the CD4536. you can program that for as long as 37 hours.

Am sorry i cant post the schem without the permission of the author, besides my scanner has gone kaput. even if you will e-mail me privately, still i cant. :(

There maybe some guys in the forum who might have the schem for that ic. :D

As Mozikluv suggested 555 could be connected as a monostable pulse generator as shown in my schematic. Here the monostable timing period is initiated by a falling edge (i.e.a high to low transition) applied to the trigger input (pin 2). When such an edge is received and the trigger input voltage falls to below 1/3 of the supply voltage, the 555 output (pin 3) goes high and the monostable pulse is generated for a period determined by the time constant C X R. The amplitide of the pulse will be approximately equal to the supply voltage. The period for which the out put is high is = 1.1 RC. Hope you understand

Cheers !

Attachments

• 555_monostable_pulse_generator.jpg
    555_monostable_pulse_generator.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 807
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back