Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timer circuit to run (e.g. for cooking ) off 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizzer

I've decided to build a little timer that I can use when cooking but I'm running it off 5V not the conventional 9V. I was thinking about building an adjustable timer and combining it with a pulsed alarm that would have an LED, buzzer etc as an output.

But since I haven't studied Electonics in over 30 years I'm struggling with designing the circuit on paper ! I need help writing the project on paper so that I can see how the adjustable timer will join to the pulsed alarm etc and what values I need for certain resistors.

Note: I can use 555 timers, capacitors, variable resistors, buzzers, LDR, LEDs so I'm not short of electrical equipment, I'm only short on brains at the moment.

If anyone could sketch a quick drawing of a simple timer that can count down from lets say 2 minutes and then produce a high output to turn the LED on and make the buzzer oscillate every 2 seconds. It would be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back