Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thugs scared off by pocket knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no problem with the "smacking with the helmet" (it's a perfectly valid technique), but I've got a BIG problem with saying "try and stab me" - if you said that to me, you'd be filleted! :p

All right may be that was a bit of bravado, I probably wouldn't really say "try and stab me!" but my point is, it's hard to stab someone wearing toughened motorcycle gear.

Last edited:
It's not as easy to stab someone in the face, unless you're a jitsu expert I suppose.

As you probably know that wouldn't be an easy thing to do: you'd have to pull some other move on me to get me into a position where I can't defend my face which would be even harder, if you didn't have martial arts experience.

As you probably know that wouldn't be an easy thing to do: you'd have to pull some other move on me to get me into a position where I can't defend my face which would be even harder, if you didn't have martial arts experience.

It wouldn't be a problem! :p

While a crash helmet can make a useful weapon (and as an ex-biker I'd certainly use it as one), it also restricts your movements somewhat.

I
**broken link removed**

And for those that don't know, the Jeetney was the main source of public transportation. People would cram into the back, sorta like a poor mans MTS (mass transit system).
We have those here in the states.... but they are only found at amusement parks in the children's rides section!!

It worked out this time for you but it could have went wrong. There's lots of things that can happen in a fight with a knife. What if the thugs took the knife from you and stabbed you with it? I'm against the idea of anyone carrying a knife in public for self defense or other reasons.

It worked out this time for you but it could have went wrong. There's lots of things that can happen in a fight with a knife. What if the thugs took the knife from you and stabbed you with it? I'm against the idea of anyone carrying a knife in public for self defense or other reasons.

Why? Are you a thug? Personally, I don't carry weapons, or even own a gun. These are only good in some situations, but will get you into trouble most of the time. I just don't like to be dependent on any one thing, usually just better to go with whatever is handy. But then again, there aren't a lot of thugs around this small town, not much to worry about. If I lived in a higher risk area, I might consider something. Some people tell that you won't get hurt, if you just give up your valuables, and the thugs seldom actually use their weapons, just an empty threat. Figure and equal or greater threat might make the reconsider...

colin, unless they know how to use it.
You could carry an atomic weapon with you and be as harmless as a fly if you didn't know how to use it.

I have an atomic weapon: it's an aircraft-grade heavy aluminum compass with tritium indicators on it. If I throw it at you, it will hurt like hell and maybe register a roentgen or two as well! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back