Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ripped off - again - solar power in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your correct, solar you can turn off, which is, I guess the problem in Australia. the utility needs to be able to turn them off generation.

Not sure what feathered is? I hear that unloaded wind turbines can get out of hand.

Feathering is just the same as on an aeroplane propeller, you change the pitch of the blades to suit the circumstances of the moment.

There's a middling sized wind generator a couple of hundred yards behind me, and you often see the blades are feathered and not rotating, much of the time when winds are too high.

Interestingly, the generator is actually controlled from Ireland, not even from the UK - and if the power isn't needed, they feather the prop and shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back