Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Those dang Canadian hockey teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I find it wrong to see hockey fans down in the US, driving through 25 degree weather (celsius)to go to a rink to see a game thats meant to be played in the cold. Those people don't know the meaning of the word ice let alone the phrase 'outdoor hockey rink'!

It funny how the Americans take all the games young girls play in the UK?.

Basketball - girls netball in the UK.

Ice hockey - girls hockey in the UK (or even worse shinty).

Baseball - girls rounders in the UK.

Mind you, only played hockey once - boys vs. girls at school (about 13-14 years old) - the whistle went, five seconds later every boy was on the ground crippled!!.

Yes-- quite right there ol' chap! But then we make it REAL! There's the added intensity of body slams, broken bones, smacking the referee, attacking a heckling fan, throwing fits/tantrums, throwing objects, public scandals, criminal behavior, all while being payed unsubstantiated million$.
Only in America!:p

Personally, I find it wrong to see hockey fans down in the US, driving through 25 degree weather (celsius)to go to a rink to see a game thats meant to be played in the cold. Those people don't know the meaning of the word ice let alone the phrase 'outdoor hockey rink'!
Personally, I find it wrong to see sports fans up in Canada, driving to a rink to see a game thats played quite gay-like. Those people don't know the meaning of the word shuffleboard let alone the phrase 'close enough'!
I'm referring to Ice Curling and those whimsical brooms.

I don't watch that. It's kinda boring.

I wonder who first said "Hey, wouldn't it be fun if i threw this rock and you guys swept in front of it?"

That being said, I don't think it's any worse than golf. They're both boring to watch but apparently fun to play.

any worse than golf.

cricket:D

I like ice hockey as a watch sport still than it's suprisingly that even when the ammericans get milions payd for behaive beastingly in the arena (yes we do like that also:D) on world championchips they don't do that well

i have to admitt that i didn't see that much ice hocke lately here in cambodia (it's not the culture/climate for this kind of sport here) but the european teams
like finland, czech republic, sweden, russia did kick bud of the american teams a few years ago without having that much money in the competition

so do you get paid in america for the skill or for the entertainment??:rolleyes:;)

Robert-Jan

cricket:D

I like ice hockey as a watch sport still than it's suprisingly that even when the ammericans get milions payd for behaive beastingly in the arena (yes we do like that also:D) on world championchips they don't do that well

I'm not a great skater but I love getting out and playing road hockey with my friends (trick knee permitting). But I have to defend the Americans: they may not be world hockey powers like Russia, Canada, or Finland but they're not bad. If it was as popular in the US as baseball or (American) football they'd really be hard to stop.

i have to admitt that i didn't see that much ice hocke lately here in cambodia (it's not the culture/climate for this kind of sport here) but the european teams
like finland, czech republic, sweden, russia did kick bud of the american teams a few years ago without having that much money in the competition

The things is that while the Americans have lots of money to throw at the problem, they don't really have the widespread love of the game. Not to take anything away from their hockey fans and players; it's just that most Americans don't grow up with hockey in their blood like Finns or Canadians do. Money can't really compensate for that.

so do you get paid in america for the skill or for the entertainment??:rolleyes:;)

Robert-Jan

Either or both. If somebody thinks you can make them money, you can make money. :)

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back