Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

here's a dangerous superstition....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejed613

Most Helpful Member
No more idiotic than those throwing coins into the fontanas (not only in Italy) or locking padlocks on the sides of bridges (heard of a small one that collapsed).

But yes, a jet intake means danger.

when i was in the Army, we were being sent to Ft Irwin for war games. we got off the plane at an air force base, but our trucks and buses were late, so while we were waiting they had us do a "FOD walk" (Foreign Object Damage) along the section of runway our plane was on. apparently even small pebbles, small nuts and screws, etc... getting sucked up off the runway into an engine can be disastrous...

apparently even small pebbles, small nuts and screws, etc... getting sucked up off the runway into an engine can be disastrous...
And also in other ways.
It was only a stray fragment of sheet metal on a runway, damaging a tyre, that caused the fatal Concorde accident in 2000.

Stepping over a broom. My wife noticed i was about to step over a fallen broom and she pushed me over the end table and I smacked my head against the dresser. Bad luck indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back