Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this as dangerous as it sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
A girl at school came up to me this morning with a laptop.................. Apparently she had seen my quad ready for the exam in the tech block, she asked if I wanted the laptop for parts as it didnt work and she was throwing it out. I thanked her and took the laptop, when I got home I thought I would try and power it up and see what was wrong.

DEEP HORROR
Inside the lid when I opened the screen was a bit of paper with her phone number and a red heart on :eek::eek::eek:.
So I have a dilemma, she is extremely pretty but female. So do I repair the laptop (one the memory chips has had it) and hand it back without mentioning the paper (must have fallen out eah ;) ), or do I risk my shed space and call her?

She is pretty enough to seriously restrict soldering time

A girl at school came up to me this morning with a laptop.................. Apparently she had seen my quad ready for the exam in the tech block, she asked if I wanted the laptop for parts as it didnt work and she was throwing it out. I thanked her and took the laptop, when I got home I thought I would try and power it up and see what was wrong.

DEEP HORROR
Inside the lid when I opened the screen was a bit of paper with her phone number and a red heart on :eek::eek::eek:.
So I have a dilemma, she is extremely pretty but female. So do I repair the laptop (one the memory chips has had it) and hand it back without mentioning the paper (must have fallen out eah ;) ), or do I risk my shed space and call her?

LG, you have just been given an opportunity that very few engineers are fortunate enough to be given. My suggestion? Call her, take her to the cinema or something. Just for fun, nothing needs to (or should) happen.

No need to give up your shed space. If she likes you enough, she'll understand ;)

DEEP HORROR

Go for it, pretty girls are worth more than shed space! :woot:

Isn't there room in your shed for two? Some tasteful LED mood lights, background music, .......

Be an engineer. Use the supplied phone number to call her and let her know you fixed the laptop. End of story. :D

Women can be replaced but finding good shed space at an early age is a once in a lifetime thing and if you screw it up and lose it that mistake will haunt you for the rest of your life. :(

If she's extremely pretty, you have 2 choices and not the ones your thinking about. Trust me, I've been around the block and quite enough to know how to get women on purpose and how to get women on accident.

Women will come and go in your lifetime.

Problem 1:

If she's pushy and forward and pretty. And you want to date her without getting to know her first, big mistake, e.g. dating with friends to see how she handles more than just you and her. If she meets your specifications and all qualities that fit your requirements, the second problem now becomes other girls. They find out about you and her then they will want your time as well, because they want to know what you see in her.

Girl problems are time expensive and you don't need such tight connections with them, rather lose ones that you can slip when you need your own time. Don't be aloof just be honest and direct, your time to finish homework etc is your time and not to be interrupted. Stay focused, you only have this moment in time, after that it's gone and you won't get it back.

kv

Edit: Just remember if your best friends tell you she no good for you, it means their willing to risk your friendship to make you see the light. Meanwhile, others won't because it's to much drama and they won't say anything that might get them in trouble with you or her.

If she's extremely pretty, you have 2 choices and not the ones your thinking about. Trust me, I've been around the block and quite enough to know how to get women on purpose and how to get women on accident.

Women will come and go in your lifetime.

Problem 1:

If she's pushy and forward and pretty. And you want to date her without getting to know her first, big mistake, e.g. dating with friends to see how she handles more than just you and her. If she meets your specifications and all qualities that fit your requirements, the second problem now becomes other girls. They find out about you and her then they will want your time as well, because they want to know what you see in her.

Girl problems are time expensive and you don't need such tight connections with them, rather lose ones that you can slip when you need your own time. Don't be aloof just be honest and direct, your time to finish homework etc is your time and not to be interrupted. Stay focused, you only have this moment in time, after that it's gone and you won't get it back.

kv

Edit: Just remember if your best friends tell you she no good for you, it means their willing to risk your friendship to make you see the light. Meanwhile, others won't because it's to much drama and they won't say anything that might get them in trouble with you or her.

Words of wisdom, KV.

Hmmm I value my shed space, I might call her and see if she would like to learn to solder, that would at least tell me if we are compatible ;). I wouldnt have taken the laptop had I known there was a concealed weapon inside

THIS is the reason why I applied to univercity of applied sciences in case some pretty girl would give me laptop full of....
Sorry LG, call her :) Besides, she started, so at least she doesn't say you stalker right away hehe

A girl at school came up to me this morning with a laptop.................. Apparently she had seen my quad ready for the exam in the tech block, she asked if I wanted the laptop for parts as it didnt work and she was throwing it out.

OTOH you might be being used, once the lap top is fixed, you may get the BSOD !:rolleyes:
OK, once you get to my age, you get a little cynical.:(
Max.

Bulging Scrotum Of Death. :wideyed:

... So do I repair the laptop (one the memory chips has had it) and hand it back without mentioning the paper (must have fallen out eah ;) ), or do I risk my shed space and call her?

The fact that you're even considering the repair AND a subsequent phone call can only mean that you are

DOOMED :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I fear we're about to lose a very promising brain to the inescapable PM (Pheromone Monster).

LG, I give you two weeks, at best, until you no longer know what an OHM is... or care :woot:.

So sad. But, like Max, my cynic cup runneth over.

This all reminds me of my teen years.

My parents complained about how I always spent all my free time playing around with experiments and building stuff like LG does.

Then I got a girlfriend. Oh that was a so much worse way to spend my time! :D

Women can be replaced but finding good shed space at an early age is a once in a lifetime thing
From a man who has had several shed spaces and only one women:
Sheds can be replaces.

It is just a phone number. Go for ice cream. This is not a life time commitment. Think of it as a prototype. Chances are that in 30 minutes she will learn that she wants a foot ball player and you will learn more. Next girl, next girl, next girl......each time you will know more. Then years from know that "once in a life time thing will come along" and you will know what to do.

My once in a life time can't solder. But she has degrees in math, chem, physics, biology, education.
Put down the keyboard and pick up the phone.
-----edited-----
If you don't, take every change, to learn what to do, you will wind up a lonely old man that complains about women on forums.

Last edited:
You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the princess!
JimB

DEEP HORROR

Take my advice,as an engineer you can prove your expertise by repairing the laptop but I think that the girl just wants to get her laptop fixed free of cost as she knows how to use her prettiness to get her job done(not to discourage you)but I think rarely girls nowadays get attracted to geeks.take my example I am the best boy when it comes to physics,tech,symbiotics and programming but only my male friends like me believe me I am 15 but still has no GF.In other words repair the laptop and show off the girl your expertise and befriend her now if you want relationship that's upto you but use the processor of your brain wisely and don't let the love virus choke it, not meaning actually but the behaviour of the girl seems suspiciou s to me atleast to me.choose wisely live well or else you are persona non grata.

Why you never see advice columns headed by men!:p
Max.

Attachments

• adviceCol.jpg
    adviceCol.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 357
My once in a life time can't solder. But she has degrees in math, chem, physics, biology, education.
Put down the keyboard and pick up the phone.

Mine can't solder, never did well with the sciences or maths, and doesn't know much of anything about electronics. She tends to be on the artistic side of things -- She's a great singer, does a lot of crafting (she's crocheted quite a bit lately), she's a great cook, and has a good eye for neutral home improvements ("neutral" meaning nothing too frilly or feminine). Even better, she doesn't mind too much if I leave my scopes, micros, and breadboards strewn around the living room :D She lets me have the spare bedroom all to myself for my work area and she rarely goes in there.

And don't listen to TM117. You haven't given enough information in order for anyone to be able to tell if the encounter was suspicious or not. There are plenty of girls out there who are attracted to the geeky types (my wife, for example). Don't let TM117's inability to obtain a girlfriend discourage you. He may just be going about it the wrong way :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back