Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Big Update - New Site Software!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can select it browse around a bit and you will get a url windows if its located on a site and a upload window below

Hiya ElectroMaster,
Eh mate you've done well on the forum upgrade but just one thing that niggles me is the date format is set as Yankie where for some unknown reason they put the month before the day. The old forum had the correct way of showing the date so would it be possible to revert back to the old way ie: 1/5/06 1st of May 06 and not as 5/1/06 which looks like the 5th of January. I'm sure the rest of the world formats as per the first example and have changed over to the metric system so in my opnion following the yankie way is just going backwards.

Cheers Bryan :D

I like the date format of month/day/year. When I see dates in the form of day/month/year, then I can get confused.

But the site is well done.
I wonder who will be bothered to rate threads.

ElectroMaster said:
Pommie: Picture thumbnails have been turned on.

They don't appear to be working. Or is it only new attachments that work.

I'll try one.

Mike.

Last edited:
Looks like new images are now visible.

That worked OK. The images in the thread I posted above are still not visible but if new ones are then time will fix it.

Thanks for the fast response.

Mike.

The new title is apt.

I see that the new title is:- "Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Free"

Hopefully, the "diagrams free" bit is no longer relevant. LOL

Mike.
P.S. Are smilies going to make a come back.

I just discovered that non members don't see what I see.

If you want people to frequent this site then you should give them free access.

Mike.

Is what I see... How do I specify my avatar?

Attachments

15.3 KB · Views: 332
Oh, I guess you don't have it, yet. I am sure the ElectroMaster will repair this ;)

(I think, that I can have an Avatar because I am a Moderator)

I like it !

This "New Look" is excellent, it makes me realise how stale the old forum was!
I reckon it will take us all a while to get to grips with it though.

ps. being English, I find the new date format a bit confusing, but this isn't the only place I have to tolerate it. Personally I use the format YYMMDD for computer filenames, then everything can be sorted into date order in the crappy old Wndow$ explorer thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back