Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature sensor project

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaleem

Hello i am assigned a project temperature sensor using the AT tiny 13 microcontroller,i have to convert the analog data from sensor to digital using onchip adc of microcontroller and check the result from the output pin of microcontroller,the ADC is a 10 bit out of which i am using the 8 Most significant bits and one byte each of start and stop bit data.
I have written the code but i am not getting the waveforms of the conversion results(i´am viewing in digiview).please help me out

Thank you.

1 byte each of start and stop bit data?
Sorry, 'does not compute' comes to mind.
Whats is the sensor? It might be an analog sensor, but start and stop bits sounds like generic serial data, not an analog voltage.

This is what you can do to debug your circuit.

First, forget about the temperature sensor. Just write a program to output a constant ASCII character repeatedly to the AVR serial connection. Confirm you can read the character back from whatever you are using to monitor the serial signal on your computer. This will prove a lot of things.

Next, use a variable resistor to give a constant voltage to the A/D converter input and do the conversion. Output the result to the serial connection.

However, you should be aware that certain values in the serial information is used for "control" functions for terminal software and that means you are unlikely to be able to use all 256 values of your 8-bit data to report back the A/D result. You'll need to convert the A/D result into ASCII and send them out instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back