Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conjuring ideas for art project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

My idea for a lighted 3D art project is placing tri-colored LEDs under the edge of clear plexiglass.
Using an 18f2221 pic and Swordfish basic
Each plexiglass will have 6 tri-color LEDs and 3 white LEDs under the plexiglass shining UP through the edge of the plexiglass.
Using the EASYEDA simulation (pretty good simulation) I think I have come up with a solution for the maximum number of LEDs for effect.
The screenshot is a basic circuit but 61ma may be too high. May go with a 200-250 ohm resistor?
The idea is to put semi-transparent photos so it LOOKS LIKE a 3D photo on the plexiglass panels.
programming the pic so it appears going from dawn to dusk then repeat.
I may have to look at using PWM but am limited with PWM ports.

Attachments

• Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    261.6 KB · Views: 162
I am not finished with the code BUT I tried an led with clear plastic and results are not good.
More research or forget adding lights to photos?

As stated in post 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back