Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tektronix 465B

Status
Not open for further replies.

dribron

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, though I have been wondering threw the group for a while. So anyway I was wondering what you guy think about the older tek 465b, I have a chance to pick one up for around 100. Would you say it is worth it? I know it is pretty old, but have heard that they were great scopes. I guess what I really want to nknow is if it will last more than a year or two with moderate use?
Thanks alot, Duane

Its like buying a used car. Can you tell if any given car with over 100K miles on it will keep going? Tek built good stuff, so I I'd buy a Tek like I would be likely to buy an older Toyota. Like Energizers, they just keep going and going...

Hello everyone. This is my first post here, though I have been wondering threw the group for a while. So anyway I was wondering what you guy think about the older tek 465b, I have a chance to pick one up for around 100. Would you say it is worth it? I know it is pretty old, but have heard that they were great scopes. I guess what I really want to nknow is if it will last more than a year or two with moderate use?
Thanks alot, Duane
It is impossible to predict life span when dealing with old equipment, but the old Tek scopes were the best. I currently use a Tek 7904A whose design is decades old and is without question the best analog oscilloscope ever made (I paid about $300 for it used). For $100, if a scope lasts six months you got your moneys worth. Even really junky new scopes cost at least $500+ and they are basically toys.

Last edited:
So it is possible a bad idea to buy something so old. Well I expected as much. The truth is, that I cannot afford a new scope, not even a new junky scope. So I was hopping that this might give me something that I can use, and grow with for a while... Thank's for the input.. _Duane

I bought a 465M (military) off Ebay about 4 or 5 years ago, and it works great. I can't remember how much I paid.

I'm going to school now at MSU, studying EE. I love it, but always have. I can remmber when I was young, and my mother would get mad at me for taking apart her radio, or really anything I could get me hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back