Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tektronix 1230 Logic Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanh2002

Hi,

I got this Tektronix 1230 logic analyzer for a cheap price from a Singapore electronics equipment seller. It comes with no probes or manual, just the unit. After a month of searching, I managed to purchase the probes from eBay and now I am waiting for its arrival. However I am still looking for the manual for this unit and the PC software for remote control via RS232-C. I believe the PC software for this unit is called as S43R101 by Tektronix.

A Google search reveals very little useful information, apart from this advertisement **broken link removed** which contains some basic description on its features and part numbers, and another post on the Microchip forum https://www.microchip.com/forums/m81437.aspx from somebody who was looking for the same.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
Try the Textronics yahoo user group, they are pretty good with manuals, also there are a few large manual sellers on ebay,its always worth sending them a message, and the obvious one the Boat anchor

Thanks Little Ghostman. I searched Boat Anchor but could not find anything for the 1230 (did find some manuals for their TLA series). I have requested to join the Tek Yahoo group (it's a closed group and membership is by invitation only).

While waiting for the Tek group membership approval, does anyone here perhaps have the scanned copy of the manuals?

Hi,

I have finally finished experimenting with this logic analyzer, including acquiring the P6444 probe to capture various signals output from a test program on a PIC. I wrote a review of it here:

**broken link removed**

I hope this helps other people who want to find more information about this device. Quite a useful device to troubleshoot slow 8-bit designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back