Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switcher CAD & LTspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

Does anyone know what the difference is between these 2 programmes?

I recently sent an old version of Switcher CAD to a friend who had LTspice.

He attempted to load it and the computer tried to load it over LTspice.

His computer went into "meltdown" as he put it. He had to re-format the C drive, re-install Windows and re-download all of the Windows up dates.

So I'm wondering what the difference is, which is the better of the 2 & whether I should ditch Switcher CAD load LTspice.

Any advice will be appreciated.

It used to be called switchercad, now it's called LTSpice, the switchercad you have may be an old release. His computer should not have melted down, but he should never have tried to install an old version of software over a new one.

I would backup any custom content you have erase all the software you have and install the latest version from Linear. They still actively update the software including it's libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back