Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A good electronic CAD to yield a schematic diagram format that is for markdownd upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some good electronic CAD to generate a schematic diagram format that is easily uploaded and inserted in common forum sites markdown ?
also please clearly show how to do it

Not quite sure of the question, but for a free schematic capture program for electronic circuits there is the Free KiCad.
Use a screen capture Pgm such as Greenshot to post it.

PCB Artist is also free. I use KiCAD.
Most of the programs will print to a "PDF printer". That printer is not real it makes a .pdf file that you can send to someone else. I have MicroSoft PDF printer and Quicken PDF printer.

LRSpice - free Spice simulator
i think you mean LTSpice https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/design-tools-and-calculators/ltspice-simulator.html
a vast majority of people on here seem to favor it, and not only can you use it to draw schematics, but get a reasonably accurate idea how the circuit works, and get waveforms that can also be used in screenshots.
Screenshot from 2021-07-04 13-02-57.pngScreenshot from 2021-07-04 13-02-14.png

Last edited:
EasyEDA is an excellent, powerful program to create schematics and layout printed circuit boards. Huge parts library and lots of online help. It's free, and more importantly, it actually is easy to learn and use.

it actually is easy to learn and use.

I'm not sure I'd go that far. I'm still trying. They did say they are going to address my issues.

No such thing as "linear duplicate". i.e. take something and make copies x distance apart.

You can only align on the center of an object. That's a problem when you want to do edge connectors.

If the components exist, there is not much of a problem, but if they don't....

My boards would only have:
An edge connector thing with IC pins
A connector
test points (different colors)
2 IC's - shunt regulators
Pin jack

A connector
A few led and resistors
test points
1-2 IC's - comparitors
2 or 4 resistors

The boards would be tiny. one the order of 1"x1.5"
A connector

There isn't a lot of vertical space. It doesn't take much to make a small board a real project.

You can only align on the center of an object. That's a problem when you want to do edge connectors.

If the components exist, there is not much of a problem, but if they don't....

Re only aligning on the center of an object: Nonsense. Where I have components that need to align to the edge of the board, I design the footprint so the reference point is the edge of the board. Simple, no problem at all.

If the components don't exist, learn to build them yourself. It's a straightforward process and one you should be able to do whatever schematic/layout software you use. People come to a complete stop when there's not a symbol/footprint for a part and spend days looking for it when it only takes a few minutes to create it.

But if a component doesn't exist in EasyEDA, symbols/footprints can be imported in Eagle and Altrium formats, and from all of the symbol managers used by various vendors.

Regarding "linear copying", set the grid to whatever spacing you want the groups at. Select the group you want and press CNTL C. The software will ask for the reference point. Click on a point on the grid. Press CNTL V. The group will snap to points on the grid.

Click on a point on the grid. Press CNTL V. The group will snap to points on the grid.

Yea, like 16x.

But if a component doesn't exist in EasyEDA, symbols/footprints can be imported in Eagle and Altrium formats,

I did notice that

Re only aligning on the center of an object: Nonsense. Where I have components that need to align to the edge of the board, I design the footprint so the reference point is the edge of the board. Simple, no problem at all.

That I'll have to figure out. Thanks.

The edge connector thing, the footprint needs to be on both sides of the board with a via in a particular place. The component is actually this
1625528738653.png

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=A117857CT-ND%20

with a different spacing. I'd like a thru-hole where the kink is and edge connectors on both sides of the board.

Last edited:
May be off base here but to the TS original question, most of the schematic software only allows changes by other people if they are also using that particular soft ware.

My choice for easiest though is Dip Trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back