Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stupidity disclaimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeCrashKop

Most Helpful Member
I like the Stupidity disclaimer in this Instructable.

Tubing Roller-Bender From Scratch
https://www.instructables.com/id/Tubing-Roller-Bender-From-Scratch/

Step 2: Don't Be Stupid
Seems pretty obvious to most of us, but I'm going to say it anyways. This project has the potential to seriously injure or kill you if you act like an idiot or don't know what you're doing. If you have never worked with metal before, this is probably not a good introductory project. If you have never used a lathe, don't try to make your own dies without help and supervision. If you are the kind of person who cuts corners and blatantly disregards their own safety, go somewhere else. Also, if you disregard my warnings and stupidly attempt to do this project even though you don't know what you're doing, I am not responsible for you cutting off fingers or killing yourself as a result. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, lets get building!

As someone once told me a long time ago.

"Stupidity is ultimately self eliminating. Either the victim learns from their mistakes and resolves the stupidity that created them, or their stupidity eventually gets them killed. Either way, stupidity eliminates itself. " ;)

Or as I've always heard:

"I'm not saying kill all stupid people, I'm just saying remove the warning labels and let nature run its course."

As someone once told me a long time ago.

"Stupidity is ultimately self eliminating. Either the victim learns from their mistakes and resolves the stupidity that created them, or their stupidity eventually gets them killed. Either way, stupidity eliminates itself. " ;)

Perhaps, but this doesn't account for the fact that there are more ways to be stupid than not be stupid a la entropy. Therefore, everything in the universe will tend towards a state of stupid and the stupid constantly comes into existence faster than it eliminates itself. So although, an individual walking embodiment of stupidity might self-eliminate, the net amount of stupidity is always on the rise.

Perhaps, but this doesn't account for the fact that there are more ways to be stupid than not be stupid a la entropy. Therefore, everything in the universe will tend towards a state of stupid and the stupid constantly comes into existence faster than it eliminates itself. So although, an individual walking embodiment of stupidity might self-eliminate, the net amount of stupidity is always on the rise.

In theory yes but as lifeform evolution has well proven not all things follow the laws of entropy by going from more dens and complex to less dense and complex. ;)

After all, if you didn't learn from your not quite fatally stupid mistakes thus eliminated those stupid actions from your life do you think you would still be here? :troll:

I wouldn't! :oops:

In theory yes but as lifeform evolution has well proven not all things follow the laws of entropy by going from more dens and complex to less dense and complex. ;)

After all, if you didn't learn from your not quite fatally stupid mistakes thus eliminated those stupid actions from your life do you think you would still be here? :troll:

I wouldn't! :oops:

Isn't that kind of like saying that a freezer can turn water to ice and therefore disproves entropy?

Last edited:
Stupidity.jpg

Isn't that kind of like saying that a freezer can turn water to ice and therefore disproves entropy?

Not really. Under certain conditions you can put a small amount of electrical power into the rotor of an alternator and get a much larger amount of electrical power out. Does that prove over unity is real just because other key inputs were ignored? :rolleyes:

Stupidity is like hell. It has no known depths or limits simply because no matter how bad something is someone else can find a way to make it worse. :eek:

Yet, obviously, we all don't live in a world of never ending and ever increasing personal hell/stupidity, do we?
Which rather proves there has to be some sort of regulatory mechanism that keeps it in check to the point of never being fatal by either singular event overdose or cumulative saturation overdose.

There has to be something that makes stupidity self eliminating to a degree of keeping a balance to it even though new stupidity tends to show in each of use fairly often. ;)

Last edited:
The wonderful town I reside near is running rampant with the best and the brightest of the Twilight Zone theme backing their every word more than not. They proceed danger over safety. Placing an employees T-shirt that was caught in an packaging machine that resulted in a severe injury and for a safety advocate message, placed the torn blood covered shirt up on the wall with a message, safety first! With no permission from the thus terminated employee as to not have to pay any claim. And got away with it to!

Tho not completely on the topic, there is a movie that I refer in my own view how the world in many ways has and is becoming so. Forewarned, the edited version is rather odd via the wording placement as the non edited uncut can be a bit.... needing to clean the ears out with 100% alcohol. It's not that bad, just a warning. Coarse language.

The movie, Idiocracy.

It's just at times too close to tell a difference from reality and the movie... As I am clear and aware that it is a fiction, just a rather close one.

If mentioning that movie is any problem, then please edit it out if needed.

Therefore, everything in the universe will tend towards a state of stupid
That certainly appears to be happening on Planet Earth now :).

Is that the difference between Enthalpy and Entropy ? or more like Expert and a drip under pressure? :rolleyes:

kv:D

I refer to this film often myself :p

Probably going to have to find my movies archive hard drive it's on and have a re watch of it one of these days. :woot:

That, and Robin Williams - Man of the Year - as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back