Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stolen Ipod =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipodtouchless

My Ipod has been stolen and if anyone here could professionally help me, I would greatly appreciate it. My question for you is since my Ipod touch has a Unique serial code can't it be tracked down using an IP address from where ever the ipod gets connected?

I'm not aware of the IPOD touch broadcasting it's serial number to any particular site when it's connected to the internet, or the privacy advocates would have had a field day with it. How do you expect to link this serial number to the device even if it does connect to the Internet?

Last edited:
My Ipod has been stolen and if anyone here could professionally help me, I would greatly appreciate it. My question for you is since my Ipod touch has a Unique serial code can't it be tracked down using an IP address from where ever the ipod gets connected?

Maybe. Why don't you contact a Apple store and see if they know or can give you a number or address of someone at Apple that would know.

In the mean time be sure to report the theft to your local police so there is a record of it.

Lefty

Move fast too, or it could sit in a pawn shop for a very long time.

I doubt seriously that Apple has any interest in helping to find lost/stolen IPODs, since the owners tend to have more money than good sense, and would gladly go out and purchase a newer, more expensive one. I'm not sure about your particular model, but wasn't impressed when I was shopping for a portable media play, couple years ago. Seemed way over priced, but guess the appeal is all in the brand name and a flash way to wave your money around.

I spent 4 years saving up to get this ipod and I had it for literally 1 month before it got stolen and I believe that since your ipods come with a unique serial no. that gets stored in your itunes that every time a purchase is made that Apple would get a notification that so and so bought such and such from this IP. And yes I have the serial number.

Last edited:
Your homeowners insurance may cover thieft. I had my laptop stolen out of my car several years ago and my homeowners not auto insurance covered it. Didn't affect my rates. Did you contact apple?

Last edited:
not yet I'm not ready to tell my parents I got it stolen... because they told me not to bring it to school but I did anyway... BTW I'm 14 i don't have homeowners insurance...

Your parents probably do, even if it was stolen at school their policy may still cover it. Tell them now, yer ass is grass anyways. Hide it from them and it'll just be worse later. If you doubt me try it, we won't see you for the month or two you're grounded.

Last edited:
Your fate is sealed young one, I mourn for your loss. But, hey they told you not to bring it to school for a very good reason... though I most definitely would not call you an idiot. You only should get called an idiot if you do that when you're in the 30's =)

Last edited:
Stupid is just someone that thinks they can do what they want without consequences. Idiots do it without knowing why it happened. At least you have regret and know why it happened. Personally if you were my son I'd laugh, and knowing kids I would MAKE sure theft was covered in the first place, insurance coverage for something like that is negligible you just have to declare it.

Last edited:
As a parent...I love hearing when things work out.
Parent has many years of experience, tells child not to do something incredibly stupid.
Kid thinks he is smarter than parents, and ignores years of experience, also ignores the fact that it took him 3 years to save up for unit.
Kid is unhappy because he did something incredibly stupid.
Hopefuly kid learns something from his experience...although I doubt it.

Dont worry kid...Im certain that Apple will throw all of its millions of dollars worth of resourses into tracking your stupid I-Pod...if you can find a actual person to take your phone call, or answer your email.

Last edited:
Its a bit like locking the barn doors after all the horses have run off.... but there seems to be a application for this:

**broken link removed**

The hardest part is...convincing police officers to barge into a house to retreive your little electronic device, just because a web tracking software says that its supposidly been used at that address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back