Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stolen Ipod =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your iPod or other portable media device was stolen . Make sure you file a police report and include the serial number of the device in the report. Next also register the device with Stolen 911.

As a parent...I love hearing when things work out.
Parent has many years of experience, tells child not to do something incredibly stupid.
Kid thinks he is smarter than parents, and ignores years of experience, also ignores the fact that it took him 3 years to save up for unit.
Kid is unhappy because he did something incredibly stupid.
Hopefuly kid learns something from his experience...although I doubt it.

Dont worry kid...Im certain that Apple will throw all of its millions of dollars worth of resourses into tracking your stupid I-Pod...if you can find a actual person to take your phone call, or answer your email.

Ocasionally my parents tell me to do something and I don't do it and I have to live with the consequences and they never let me hear the end of it. BUt then I tell them to do something, they think they know better, don't do it and it's a MASSIVE screw up. And guess what? I still have to live with the consequences...and they don't understand why I won't let them hear the end of it.

Parents are right sometimes, but they mess up a lot too. I went to an elementary school where the adults thought they were always right and the kids were always wrong. Looking back on it, it was downright corrupt and if I knew then what I know now, I would have joined the ranks of the "troublemakers". I'm suprised that crap was allowed to go on, but it's not like elementary kids can do much about it.

Last edited:
touchless don't mind bigkim, someone took their candy away from them when they were a baby, they have been screaming since. Bigkim gets my vote for official forum troll though.

**broken link removed**)

Last edited:
Yeah dk I can understand that. That's the problem with telling your kids what to do, the one time you're wrong with your kids they will gloat till the end of days even if they were wrong the previous 400 times.

Well, parents also seem to like to gloat over numerous really small things so I see no problem complaining (I'm not gloating because I wish they were right about it too, but they weren't) about the few realy big things. It's a two-way street.

Last edited:
Are you sure it was stolen? Not just lost or mis-placed? Perhaps a 'friend' borrowed it. Best that you tell your parents, and they can help you get through reporting it. If you lost it at school, perhaps it was turned in or confiscated, and sitting in a drawer in somebody's office waiting to be claimed. In which you'll need your parents to step in and ask nice. If you are a victim of theft or robbery (didn't mention how it was stolen), then a police report would be a good idea, but unlikely to recover. But then again, everything is on a computer, and in a data base, perhaps if the find it, they might take the time to match it to a crime report, and track you down to return it (wouldn't that be cool and unbelievable).
Only thing you can count on, is that your parents will find out soon anyway, might already know. They know you spent a load of cash on a toy, told you not to do something, know you would anyway. They are probably wondering when you will come clean, and ask them to help (that's what parents like best). Sure, there is a small price, 'I told you...', but they usually come through. Never know, maybe mom swiped it, before you even smuggled it out of the house. Mine got me that way a few times, lot of times it was outright robbery, 'Empty your pockets'.

Trust me, the longer you wait, the worse it gets. Part of growing up. The worst part is past anyway, no IPOD. It can only get better...

I agree with most of you and I want all you parents out there to understand that your kids don't usually think there smarter than you... then just want to do what they want to do so they might disregard what you aid even if there is a risk and they know it exists.

Well, parents also seem to like to gloat over numerous really small things so I see no problem complaining (I'm not gloating because I wish they were right about it too, but they weren't) about the few realy big things. It's a two-way street.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What???!!!
Ok...the kid saved for many years for this thing...so when does it not become a big thing...I think that you atre missing the point.
And you may also point out that I as the only person who ACTUALLY answered his question, pointing to a website that actually supplies software to track stolen IPods...while everyone else was busy patting him on his bum...telling him that he didnt do something stupid.
I also followed up with a posting stating a website that keeps track of stolen IPod serial numbers...and to confirm that the police should be contacted.

Last edited:
touchless don't mind bigkim, someone took their candy away from them when they were a baby, they have been screaming since. Bigkim gets my vote for official forum troll though.

**broken link removed**)
OOOH...OUCH...that REALLY HURTS SOOOO BAAAAD....... WAAAAAAAAH.
I reall look to you guys on here to check out my popularity content.
I will HAPPILY accept the gauntlet of official forum Troll.
Quite honestly I think such a position is needed...if anything, just to mop up weenies tears.
Nigellll...whatcha think...can I get my certificate???
Does it pay??
Do I get a T-shirt with my new title????

Last edited:
OOOH...OUCH...that REALLY HURTS SOOOO BAAAAD....... WAAAAAAAAH.
I reall look to you guys on here to check out my popularity content.
I will HAPPILY accept the gauntlet of official forum Troll.
Quite honestly I think such a position is needed...if anything, just to mop up weenies tears.
Nigellll...whatcha think...can I get my certificate???
Does it pay??
Do I get a T-shirt with my new title????

"Does it pay??" I'll give you a nickel and a candy bar to go away, would that work for ya?

Lefty

Yes Bigkim is the only one who answered my question... small problem... its not a way to find it considering I didn't have it installed already...

He better pick a more suiting Avatar!
I highly recommend the following.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Whatsamatter...cantcha read...I specifically said a certificate and a T-Shirt.....noooobody mentioned anything about a Chocolate bar !...
although hmmmmm........mmmmmmmmmmmmchocolate!

nice one... im sure hell like that but seriously i know when it was stolen and i know that its one of those 20-40 considering that i could just ask around to buy an ipod touch...

Sorry bigkim, I only provide the Avatar image, if you want a T-shirt and a certificate you'll have to do better than that.

Press the issue with the police touchless if you really want, it might even get you somewhere if you're persistent.

Yes Bigkim is the only one who answered my question... small problem... its not a way to find it considering I didn't have it installed already...

...I said that in my reply kiddo...something long the lines of locking the barn doors after the horses have escaped.....or is your reading comprehension slow as well??
.......its for the next one that you will inevitably buy...or for others who are concerned, and may want to take PRECAUTIONARY measures...such as using this software...
...or listening to their parents.

Last edited:
Sorry bigkim, I only provide the Avatar image, if you want a T-shirt and a certificate you'll have to do better than that.

ok, well I guess Ill just have to work harder...stirring up the misfits into a dry, dull, far too long-lasting storm of pointless responses...but what the helll...thats what makes the place fun.

Last edited:
this way wouldnt work for crap... you wanna know why... my ipods got a lock on it so by the time they opened it up they would have plugged it in and restored it and by then the softwares gone... i need a tracker i can put inside..

touchless.. since you don't have the Ipod anymore it's a bit late to try to put a tracker in it. The solution is simple, don't lose it. Considering the price of those things I don't understand how you could be more than about a foot away from it at any point during the day and not notice it's missing. If it's at school why did you bring it, you're there to learn not worry about losing your Ipod... I take better care of my cell phone and it's market value nowdays is maybe 20 dollars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back