Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stolen Ipod =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
" I don't understand how you could be more than about a foot away from it at any point during the day and not notice it's missing. If it's at school why did you bring it, you're there to learn not worry about losing your Ipod... I take better care of my cell phone and it's market value nowdays is maybe 20 dollars."

..............uh oh.....soooombodies sounding a bit like a parent, better pick out a better avitar.

Last edited:
You haven't changed your Avatar to the troll yet bigkim, you can spew off whatever you'd like =)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You haven't changed your Avatar to the troll yet bigkim, you can spew off whatever you'd like =)"

Sceadwian...Ok, so lets get this straight....If I change my Avtar....
I can say anything I like????!!!!
This begs the following questions:=
1) Do you have such authority?
2) Are you outta your mind???

Last edited:
Have a look here man:
Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".

Well bigkim, aren't you going to say anything you like anyways? I just like the troll Avatar =>
Sorry Techie, I love feeding trolls. They don't make my blood pressure go up like they used to I grew thicker skin =)

Last edited:
you guys... i would love to hear all about how we shouldn't feed the trolls but he's just expressing himself... so what if he's a jerk about it... back to the issue please?

Your issue is pretty much done with touchless.. Contact apple, tell your parents, have them contact the police. There's very little chance of every recovering the device.

Last edited:
The issue is....
You saved up for this iPod for ages.
You were advised not to take it to school.
You did.
You allowed it to be in a location where an opportunity for theft occurred.
It got stolen.
You don't appear to be receptive to the suggestion of owning up to your parents and/or making a claim on the household insurance.
You wish to put some form of tracking device inside a future iPod....

Perhaps a more-careful approach, with regard to a subsequent purchase, would be the better option..

Life is about making mistakes and learning from them.

Sorry, but this desire to have some form of tracking device installed implies that you are quite likely to reproduce the same pattern that has led you to be iPod-less in the first place, hoping to catch the person that stole it, rather than learning from your mistakes and making the necessary steps to not repeat what has occurred.

This is not an attack, it is an attempt to help you work out what went wrong and recognise the steps needed to reduce the chances of it happening again.

HTH.

Basically what Mickster is saying the solution to the problem of a stolen IPOD is to NOT let it get stolen again. Simply keeping one in a durable leather/metal case in your front pocket say rather than leaving it in a book bag or a jacket.

Last edited:
This forum isn't reserved for your issues touchless, you started this thread that's all, we're not thread jacking because your question has been answered already, and it's not meaningless crap, it's directly related to the root cause of your actual problem. Don't take it personally, no one means it personally regardless of the way you perceive the posts. Do expect at least some social interaction to occur, we're not freegin robots here slaving away to solve your problems, you want our input, we're giving it, just because you don't like it is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Have your parents noticed that you aren't constantly playing with your expensive, over-priced, flashy new toy yet? They probably knew right away that something was wrong. You go to school, thrilled that you get show off you Ipod, come home all depressed, frustrated, and confused. Parents aren't that stupid. You will still have to face up to it. Waiting a whole week wasn't good. I don't know your parents, but some would have bought you an Ipod, if you would have brought it to their attention right a way. You might of had to wait for a birthday or Christmas. It shows maturity. Right now, you are just a kid, who flushed $100+ down the toilet, and don't seem to care. You got the answers, from other kids, adults, and parents. Your only hope is a police report and your parents. Wouldn't count on a recovery this late. At 14, there are lots of things you can do around the neighborhood to earn some quick money, might take a few weeks, hard and unpleasant (that's why people pay kids), but you might be able to replace the Ipod, and save some grace with the parents. Most would prefer you went to them with such problems, but a responsible self-fix isn't a bad second choice. When I was a kid, in a small town, the world was a much safer place. Seems like there are horrible people living in every community these days, so might not be safe to do alone, bring a friend or brother, might have to split your earnings though.

Careful Harvey, I know at 14 calling a kid 'just a kid' is a bad idea =) My step son is only 12 and it's already cropping up =)

youd be suprised how well im hiding this.. and i didnt use it very much when they were looking actually... and i know its not my forum... I meant my thread.

Trying to separate the behavioral differences. Trying to hide something, that you know will come out eventually, is childish. Admitting your mistakes, and asking for help is maturing. Just trying save him some grief, just depends if he's ready to step up, and accept the consequences.

I'm trying to save my parents grief not save myself from getting into trouble... bcuz i hate seeing them all freaked out and its stressful for them and thats the least they need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back