Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steam engine V Steam Turbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where exactly is this "stripping" being done? I have two natural gas wells on my property the gas comes from the wells to a water separator through a measuring devise, then directly into the city gas line then into houses around me. So where is the "striping of other gases done"? All of the gas wells in the area do it the same way as the ones on my property.

have you had your gas analyzed? it's possible the content of your gas well is pretty close to commercial grade gas, and you don't need to have it fractioned. on the other hand, if your gas well also contains useful amounts of helium, fractioning it might be a good idea, as helium is very expensive these days

Where exactly is this "stripping" being done? I have two natural gas wells on my property the gas comes from the wells to a water separator through a measuring devise, then directly into the city gas line then into houses around me. So where is the "striping of other gases done"? All of the gas wells in the area do it the same way as the ones on my property.

https://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Natural+gas+processing+plants+in+US :rolleyes:

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=8530

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_stoc_typ_d_nus_SKN_mbbl_m.htm

Much of our commercial pipeline natural gas is processed to strip valuable secondary gases and compounds out of it. Just because yours is not, or you are not aware of it, does not mean it isn't real or that it doesn't happen nor that I am making things up. :D

If you have a well and yours isn't actually being sent to a processing plant either it's good enough as is or you are not aware of something else being done to it someplace else between your well and the actual end user. ;)

Thats all a bit jumbled, but just so we are clear..... Are you talking about my gas or commercial fossil fuel gas? Thi is a problem when you troll these threads, you use words all jumbled and in a way that dosnt really make it clear what your on about, its almost like you dont want to commit to something you might want to rescind later. Please dont do this, it really confuses others and wastes alot of time clearing it up.

When you make pages long drifting replies based largely on your misconceptions of what you somehow imagine me to know or not know or think or not think to be doing or not doing or asking or not asking, I tend to not put a huge amount of effort not remembering every detail. As wordy as I am even I have limits to when I stop caring what is said when the obvious relevance goes too far off to one side.

Now if you find my asking what I see to be legitimate questions, that you can not answer simply and directly as trolling, again, not my imaginations or expectations of others in play there either. Same with taking what I ask out of it contexts to imply I said or did something I did not. Not my problem there either. :(

First you say,
Natural Gas is only Methane and we have had that years, bringing bio methane upto the high spec for grid injection isnt difficult if you build the reactor right in the first place.

To which I have inquired to what the difference was, given both are primarily CH4 based, only so far not get a solid breakdown of what makes biomethane different than well gas but to instead have my own links that tell me what I already know about what's in well gas thrown back at me as if they proved a point on your behalf, which they did not as far as I have seen so far.

So to make it very simple for you ,what is in biomethane by average percentages and overall range of BTU contents that makes it different than common commercial well produced natural gas? :rolleyes:

Others have stated a few times they are finding the information and posts useful and interesting, your not really adding anything of use or much relevance, that spoils it for others.

Maybe I too do find it interesting as well and want more detailed numbers that are relevant to both the general and your specific research and you're reading way too much negativity into what I am asking when its not there. :facepalm:

If you have not noticed by now, I generally don't post in your threads unless I find something of interest worth asking or commenting about. It's how internet forums work, you know. :)

I am finding this interesting for the RE fuels aspects of it for which for me knowing the realistic numbers behind typical biomethane fuels is helpful. And sure, I could probably dig that up online, if I spent some time, but since others get to ask lazy bonehead simple and obvious questions I get to as well. :smug:

Its not open publicly as such,

Well, making references to something that the average person here can't get to doesn't really help anyones education or credibility now does it. :troll:

Anyway, continue on! I'll probably have many more questions so try to take the high road and answer them simple formal and as directly as possible so there won't be as many problems with misunderstandings or wasting your time going way off into nowhere relevant land only to have it largely TL;DRed for lack of apparent immediate relevance. ;)

Well, making references to something that the average person here can't get to doesn't really help anyones education or credibility now does it.

Hold on, you didn't get your invite then?

I wrote my reply to Jim in a bit of a hurry, so maybe i should point a few things out so this dosnt sound as dodgy as it might look, so with that in mind this is aimed jim and those who asked or were asked to take part.

First i think i should explain to Jim out of respect for him.
We hve a main company site that is back under reconstruction, this is a aite dedicate to everything alternative energy wise we do, its under reconstruction because 99% of it was open to the public, alot like here i guess the content in the blog posts was short articles on alternative energy news and bio methane developments in the industry. These post were then pushed out onto twitter etc to gain a profile, so in all respects normal small business marketing.

We also have some sites based around soap and bodycare stuff, again aimed at things we can put out regularly to social media to raise the profile. The soap/bodycare side we dont push very much at the moment. The customers we have take care of most of the production capacity we have, so that is being increased slowly. Also the next step is actually the American market, the problem is/was making sure we were compliant with both markets, which to be honest has proved difficult because we make a artisan bespoke product.

Back to the energy side, this takes alot of money and research to do, so the soap helps with that. The main site for it is being redone so we can move all the private and confidential stuff like invoice etc (we do all accounting online) is being moved to the main site and secured. Also with have a very large library of scientific papers and relevant literature, this is held in software online dedicated to that kind of thing (pydio8). It allows us to share documents securely with people and to organize and store the paperwork (mostly we are paperless).

We added a customer Q&A type forum, similar to a help desk type thing.
The new site is actually intended for the latest project we are designing, its always been closed to the main internet. Alot of volunteers with different skill sets offered to help with parts of the project ( this is the one with the control system and reactors i posted about), but the site also had the customer side to it, and the SCADA logins (incase someone dosnt know the acronym, SCADA is Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition).

It allows us to log directly into the control systems of both the experiments and the live systems we have running. Because people from several sites and people i have met at uni and conferences, wanted to help with the new system (most have kindly done so for free, we only have a few paid staff) we decided to use the closed site for working on this, as part of it we have decided to have a forum for brain storming and information sharing, we tried with the simple blog comments type system and it gets massively confusing.

Because its grown as a project and now more people including potential customers have access, we got concerned with the security of some of the other things on the server, hence why both sites are being redone.
One will have a public side but also a secure bit (our main site) and the new site is non public and really just dedicated to the new system we are designing, only the closed site will have a forum. So those on here who offered to help are waiting for access, we cant do that until the person going most of the dev work on the sites has moved things etc. So its not secret squirrel sinister, its simply a site with a single purpose and little to offer the general public.

By all means if you want to help in some way we would welcome those with skills we can use, but there isnt much to see as such, those working on say the microbe cells, only really see and have access to that side, those helping sort a coolant problem see mainly that side of it. Everyone sees the main experiment feeds and data but cant control it. Its a bit like watching a fish tank but with bubbles lol, only it isnt set up and running yet as we havnt finished working out all the modules............

So to those waiting for log ins, sorry its taking a while to move things and making stuff secure Lyndsey is doing that side and making a site you read from a phone upto a wide screen pc is not easy or quick!
So hopefully that explains what its all about, anything of general interest or electronic related i tend to post here anyway.

If you have a well and yours isn't actually being sent to a processing plant either it's good enough as is or you are not aware of something else being done to it someplace else between your well and the actual end user. ;)

You mean like my house and shop? Or all of the houses on my street?:stop: Within a 5 or so mile radius of my house there are ~60 wells on private property, all owned by the same company. Before having the wells drilled on my property I talked to many of the other people. NONE of them have the well output go anywhere other than the main gas line right from the well and all of them heat with the free gas.

So from my way of seeing it your original statement isn't true.:facepalm:

To which I have inquired to what the difference was, given both are primarily CH4 based, only so far not get a solid breakdown of what makes biomethane different than well gas but to instead have my own links that tell me what I already know about what's in well gas thrown back at me as if they proved a point on your behalf, which they did not as far as I have seen so far.

Goes back to the reading comprehension thing doesn't it? It was laid out in post #26, even a dummy like me got it.

To which I have inquired to what the difference was, given both are primarily CH4 based, only so far not get a solid breakdown of what makes biomethane different than well gas
Well gas is this with another 5 molecules added
cg.png

And BIO METHANE IS THIS
methane2.png

see any difference now?

LG, would you like me to merge your accounts into your new name? Also, did you intend for it to be "large_ghsostman" or did you mean "large_ghostman"?

Same with taking what I ask out of it contexts to imply I said or did something I did not.
would love to see an example, or do you mean this?
quote3.png

As you admit your attention span is small, i will not answer the rest until you indicate you have understood this far, then i will continue to slice 'n' Dice

LG, would you like me to merge your accounts into your new name? Also, did you intend for it to be "large_ghsostman" or did you mean "large_ghostman"?
NO i will add you to a convo! Sorry Jim needs to add you, merging my account gives me a legal problem, ask jim to add you. but please close both accounts rather than merge

NO i will add you to a convo! Sorry Jim needs to add you, merging my account gives me a legal problem, ask jim to add you. but please close both accounts rather than merge
I will wait until I have been added to the PM.
JimB

see any difference now?

What part of I get that it has CH4 in it dont you get? Are you stuck on the concept that I do understand that well gas has other stuff in it? :rolleyes:

It's the same thing I was saying way back in the beginning, its CH4 based ,IE primarily methane. I know well gas has other stuff in it as well, just as your gaseous mix does too hence the need to clean it up before it can be put into utility pipelines. :rolleyes:

So what else is in your biomethane mix that has to come out of it before it's up to the acceptable standards that the utility companies will accept? That's my question I have had since the begining? :facepalm:

So what else is in your biomethane mix that has to come out of it before it's up to the acceptable standards that the utility companies will accept

repost.png

TAKEN FROM POST 32 THIS THREAD. READ THAT POST

As you can see i have highlighted in yellow the answer to your question. The HUGE pics on that post show the source its from, now explain why anyone would answer your questions twice? When they have clearly been answered already?? You cant even claim you didnt see it! it takes up half the page on post 34!!!

Seriously mods look at post 32, and most the others. this is clearly trolling, the same question is asked over and over and answered clearly, it isnt he dosnt understand the answer, he dosnt even read the answers. That particular post i answered in a clear and very large picture to see if he even bothered to look at information he had asked for.

So what would you conclude? It can only be one of several possible answers, TROLL, IDIOT, ILLITERATE.
if he is illiterate then i wish someone would tell me, i could then simply post pictures and diagrams thus save typing.
Regretfully i cant help with the other two possible answers
Sorry ignored on this account also now

Last edited by a moderator:
So from my way of seeing it your original statement isn't true.:facepalm:

Yes, well we both know ignorance on your part between the differences between a 'Associated Gas well ' and an 'non Associated Gas well' and to what dictates if gas from either needs to be processed or not does not in fact make everyone else wrong or dishonest, even if your ignorances of what wells are what and to how they are handled is group based on your end. :facepalm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-gas_processing

https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/wells/

https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs-0113-01/fs-0113-01textonly.pdf

BTW, I never once claimed that all well sources natural gas has to be ran through a processing plant but it is a fact of reality that much of it does get processed, and for multiple reasons. I just assumed you knew the differences as to the whats and whys of it all but clearly I assumed wrong on your level of education regarding something you yourself have on your own property. :rolleyes:

The thing is, if you had you done your research to see if well gas get processed at all you could have concluded that from my perspective I was in fact telling the truth too since whether or not it can be processed can vary from location to location. Just because yours does not does not make everyone else that does, wrong. ;)

As you can see i have highlighted in yellow the answer to your question. The HUGE pics on that post show the source its from, now explain why anyone would answer your questions twice? When they have clearly been answered already?? You cant even claim you didnt see it! it takes up half the page on post 34!!!

So basically it falls into the same range of CH4 content as common well gas, but unlike well gas (which has a lot of other combustible secondary hydrocarbons in it), your biogas has a similar volume of useless and even detrimental secondary gases like Nitrogen, H2S and O2 WHICH MEANS IT HAS TO BE PROCESSED TO GET IT UP TO THE SPECS OF COMMON WELL GAS, which ultimately makes its base energy and general production value even lower than common well gas. :(

(What I have been suspecting since the begining.) :rolleyes:

TCM, Shortbus, if you guys can't behave you'll be banned from this thread. This is your one and only chance.

So basically it falls into the same range of CH4 content as common well gas, but unlike well gas (which has a lot of other combustible secondary hydrocarbons in it), your biogas has a similar volume of useless and even detrimental secondary gases like Nitrogen, H2S and O2 WHICH MEANS IT HAS TO BE PROCESSED TO GET IT UP TO THE SPECS OF COMMON WELL GAS, which ultimately makes its base energy and general production value even lower than common well gas. :(

(What I have been suspecting since the begining.) :rolleyes:

No your really not getting this are you! Ok one last attempt. I will post a table from your source, it lists what is in your CLEANED GAS Then i will post exactly what is in my cleaned gas. You did read the above properly again did you. You asked what was in it before it was cleaned, i showed you. After its cleaned it is just methane. When your gas from ffossil fuel is cleaned it still has this in it.

gas chart.png

NOTE THAT LIST IS CONTENTS AFTER FOSSIL FUEL GAS IS CLEANED

Now BIO Methane after simple cleaning contains this
methane2.png

Understand yet?

So basically it falls into the same range of CH4 content as common well gas
NO
How does it fall into the same range when its one thing? and the other is many things?

Learn about stand rates of enthalpy then come back and say this bit again lmao
which ultimately makes its base energy and general production value even lower than common well gas
Also wasnt it you who just said most well gas was cleaned? Guess which gas is greener and lower emissions?

ALso guess which gas burns more completely in air?

HINT
i did a table that showed these answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back