Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spell checking

Status
Not open for further replies.

april

I just noticed when making a post that spelling can be corrected in the editor by right clicking on the wrongly spelt ( spelled) word !!

Didn't read this anywhere but its a godsend for bad spellers like me

I just noticed when making a post that spelling can be corrected in the editor by right clicking on the wrongly spelt ( spelled) word !!

Didn't read this anywhere but its a godsend for bad spellers like me

It's most likely a function of your browser, Firefox for example does this.

Spell checkers are fine as far as they go, but they can't correct for context.
I see many posts in forums where the word is correctly spelled but doesn't make sense in the way it is used.
Simple spelling like "there or their" are not caught by a spell checker, as both are correctly spelled but could be incorrect in usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back