Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spell check is scrambling things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
The best way to explain this is to show you.

The sample parragraph.

A while back EM redid the system and we lost spell checkheck and many other functions for a while. EVentualy we got them back but since then whenever I run spellcheeck it tend sto scramble words and ocasionaly sentenaces. This one for example is as I typed it and the next one is what spellcheck does to it when I run it without going in afterwards and cleaning it up. I toised a few purosly misspelled words in so you can se what it does.

As spell check fixed it. :eek:

A while back EM redid the system and we lost ouspell checkck and many other functions for a whileEventuallyly we got them back but since then whenever I ruspell checkck it tentoto scramble words anoccasionallylsentenceses. This one for example is as I typed it and the next one is whaspell checkck does to it when I run it without going iafterwordsds and cleaning it up. tosseded a fepurposelyly misspelled words in so you caseese what it does.

So whats the issue and how do I fix it? :confused:

You run spell check? It's automatic for me, they show up as red underlining that need to be manually corrected. Perhaps it's an account setting somewhere that you can change, snoop around in your profile/system settings whatever is available on the account page, reminds me I need to do the same.

I hate auto correct with a passion and don't allow it on any software that I use, notification of error is sufficient cause you can't learn if you don't correct your mistakes after all, many names and some technical terms that are acceptable in industry aren't in the dictionary.

Last edited:
Spell check is a very handy tool, but unfortunately it does not check for proper context.
You can have a totally correct spelling but have the incorrect words used.
I see this all of the time on several forums.
It still pays to have paid attention while in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back