Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed variator for asynchronous 3 phases motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivierh

Hi,
I have plans of a tool using a FMV1105 electronic variator but wasn't able to find it anymore, so I am thinking of building one if it's not too complicated.

The speed variator should have:
Input: 220V 1phase
Output: for a 0.37Kw (o.5hp) 3phase motor.
The speed should be controlled by a 0-10V entry (potentiometer).

I read that commercial speed variators control torque and all but they are very expensive.

Do you think this is a complicated project?

Yes. Need a DSP processor. The AC motor speed depend from frequency and number of pole-pairs. Since the pole-pairs fixed, (some old motors for elevators have many poles for this purpose), You can control it by frequency.

I know Motorola manufactured some power packs with IGBT-s and brake-diodes, and i hope You can find some applications. But the problem (for me too) the program for the DSP.

Sebi said:
I know Motorola manufactured some power packs with IGBT-s and brake-diodes, and i hope You can find some applications. But the problem (for me too) the program for the DSP.
I'm not an expert on this subject, but if you're considering the DSP just for generating the signal, I think it can be done with a cheap microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back