Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

specialized motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have successfully built the first part of this circuit on a test board. I cut off before the 1k/transistor junction to isolate the basic part of this circuit. I found that I cannot use the latching SCRs at the top of the circuit as written in by KINARFI as they will not conduct with the amount of resistance in the circuit, and there is no way that I can see to make them work. I resorted back to the latching relay in the original schematic.
I discovered the circuit worked as planned after working out a bug that I created. I also found that by varying the amount of resistance on R1 and R6, I can change the length of time that each circuit will wait before energizing the motor relays. Now if I can just find a reliable soldering iron that I can use to put everything together.

I have just completed and tested my specialized motor controller. IT WORKS!! It took some soldering practice to get it right, but amazingly enough it worked correctly on the first try.
Basically what I am doing is controlling the direction of a drive motor in a series of time delayed steps for (an as yet unpatented invention). By using 2small SPDT switches and a push button switch, I supply 12 volts to the first timing circuit (R6=150Ω) which gives a 5sec delay before energizing relay 2 (which drives motor one direction). When SPDT1 is actuated, it cuts power to first TmD and power is routed to the 2nd timing circuit through SPDT2. the 12v supplied to (R1=320Ω) delays for about 9sec then energizes relay3, which reverses the motor. Once SPDT2 is actuated, power to the second TmD is removed, shutting down the circuit until the push button is actuated again.
This simple circuit could be modified to fit several applications. Anyone wishing to use it is welcome to do so. However, I have to defer permission to Mr. Eirc Gibbs as this circuit was primarily designed by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back