Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Reverser

bob34287

Looking for a 24VDC 20AMP automatic motor reverse. If the motor starts to stall I would like it to stop, pause, and then reverse for 10 seconds then pause and go back to running forward. Anyone know if a circuit is available.

One can design a control system sensing over currents stop and go thru this sequence , but I doubt if there is one off the shelf. But a motor operating at full power will dra 10 times the current stalled and start but can choose and energy threshold = Power * time that is more than the starting energy to do this but even that is undefined.

Looking for a 24VDC 20AMP automatic motor reverse. If the motor starts to stall I would like it to stop, pause, and then reverse for 10 seconds then pause and go back to running forward. Anyone know if a circuit is available.
Define "starts to stall". Do you mean the motor actually stalls (for how long), or it simply starts slowing RPM from some set speed? If so, by how much?

Looks an obvious application for a micro-controller, and associated circuitry - but it would likely require an individual solution, not just a 'one size fits all'.

Thx Dana,
That TIDA is just too slick !
Good old T.I. does it again
Wish i had seen that when i was building my telescope controls !
Bob

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back