Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin886

Hi im a just starting electronics and i thought it would be cool to make a circuit that when you push a button a speaker or somthing plays a noise like a police car or a cow. :wink:

I think a 555 timer could probably be wired to produce a siren sound over a speaker.

There are ICs that you can get that store a sound and play it.

ya but i need to know what chip is good,how to hook it up,and how to program the sound and how to make it play the sound

colin886 said:
ya but i need to know what chip is good,how to hook it up,and how to program the sound and how to make it play the sound

Try to search the forums here for "sound recording chip" or so, there have been discussions about this a few weeks back. It was an IC with a very simple interface that could both record, store and playback when connected to a microcontroller or simply a few pushbutton switches. It looked pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back