Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with stuff from China is that you never know what you're getting,

never is a long time.
My high quality iPhone comes from China, all of my boards from JLCPCB.com come from China, almost all of the 3M N95 masks that my local hospital uses come from China, even as stated above - the "gold standard" in solder, Kester, is made in China.

Now I'm waiting to hear how your sweeping claim was really intended as a less sweeping claim and everyone should have understood what you meant.

Now I'm waiting to hear how your sweeping claim was really intended as a less sweeping claim and everyone should have understood what you meant.

You two need to sit down at a table, with an adult to mediate, and sort out this teenage angst !

MM

Most Western companies have manufacturing done in China and do proper quality control. But there are many no-name-brand companies over there that do whatever they want (collect money by making fakes).

I suspect what Nigel really meant was "cheap, off-brand stuff". I've only rarely had problems with this stuff, and as a low budget hobbyist, cost is the main factor for most things anyway.

You can spot the fake iPhones because they say "made in USA" on them!

Anyway, I decided to get a 250g reel of Multicore from CPC, (at £16.70 it's only a bit more expensive per g than the eBay 50g reels), along with a new desoldering pump to avoid handling charges (since my old one had a misadventure with the heat gun) - which turned into a decent pump (Miller 587) + spare parts, which has more than doubled my order value now! Good job it's nearly my burpday :)

I thought I'd just check Rapid, they now do free P+P for orders over £30. Hmmm

I can remember when all portable transistor radios were made in Japan.
One radio had engraved on its front, "12 TRANSISTORS". 6 were used in the radio and another 6 were all connected together in a circle but not in the radio circuit.

Usa is (was) a city in Japan.
Still is a city in Japan. " Usa is a city located in Ōita Prefecture, Japan. The city was founded on April 1, 1967. On March 31, 2005, the towns of Ajimu and Innai were merged into Usa". Actually visited there in '71. While it seemed more a town than city it was actually a nice place.

Thanks for pointing out Kester Solder which I grew up with is now made in China. Works for me. :)

Ron

I can remember when all portable transistor radios were made in Japan.
One radio had engraved on its front, "12 TRANSISTORS". 6 were used in the radio and another 6 were all connected together in a circle but not in the radio circuit.
Wow, that is one awesome marketing ploy! I suppose in this way it contained it's own spare parts...

This I feel is a deeper con than that old radio. An outright con, in fact. Buyer beware, I suppose.

Hmm, should be sold as a "light up" guitar amp?

Ok, let's back off the political commentary please. Stay on-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back