Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMT paste stencil, how much laser ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I am slowing working my way into SMT. This week I took the plunge and ordered a hot air rework station from HEII. Thanks to whoever posted the link to HEII. They are very helpful.

Sparkfun has a tutorial about applying paste with a mylar stencil laser cut by the nice people at Pololu.

Since I already have access to a CNC mill I was thinking one could possibly chuck a laser in place of the drill. The question is how much power/dollars would such a laser cost ?

More curiosity then a real desire to set this up right now. With the 9 kids I need to make 10 or 12 of most everything so the laser has some attraction. Even if I switch to using a board house this still would be helpful.

3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back