Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

learning

Are this Chinese made SMPS power supply compatible with LA 4440 IC? I mean that can I use it for any audio amplifier or Bluetooth mp3 FM module? Please tell me! If I can use it, then please tell me how I can do it?

Attachments

• smps-power-supply.jpg
    smps-power-supply.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 285
It's hard to help you when you only give us a photograph of the power supply!

The LA 4440 IC as a recommended supply of 13.2VDC, can do more but stick to the recommended.

I don't know how you are going to use it, stereo or bridge but lets say 19W to cover both which means you'll need at least 2A.

Can the power supply give you 13.2VDC @ 2A?

It's hard to help you when you only give us a photograph of the power supply!

The LA 4440 IC as a recommended supply of 13.2VDC, can do more but stick to the recommended.

I don't know how you are going to use it, stereo or bridge but lets say 19W to cover both which means you'll need at least 2A.

Can the power supply give you 13.2VDC @ 2A?
No. It gives me 12.1 VDC @2A

The datasheet for the LA4440 shows a minimum supply of 8V but your 12.1V is fine. They show spec's with a 13.2V supply but with 12.1V the max output power will be a little less.
It will produce about 5W per channel into 4 ohms with horrible 10% clipping distortion or about 3.8W per channel with no clipping.

The very cheap SMPS might produce interference noises in the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back