Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would be an interesting project to make a Smart Card programmer and a smart card reader. I have had a good snout on the web but there seems to be very little about how to build either system from scratch!

Can anyone provide me with an 'ABC picture book' version of how I would go about getting started. Or link me to some suitable sites with VERY good smart card tutorials? Thanks all.

I had a friend who made a robot using a programmable smart card like the new credit cards... he had a device he made which programmed the robot on a laptop then put the card into the back of the bot to get it to move.... it was a premade circuit I think which he interfaced. I'd like to do the same thing if I knew how to...

computer said:
I had a friend who made a robot using a programmable smart card like the new credit cards... he had a device he made which programmed the robot on a laptop then put the card into the back of the bot to get it to move.... it was a premade circuit I think which he interfaced. I'd like to do the same thing if I knew how to...

You can buy premade smart cards with PIC16F84's in them, they are commonly used for TV encryption access cards.

Though it has few pictures,
Smartcard handbook, by W. Rankl and W. Effing is a good but heavywieght primer and I prop my door open with it.
Not a bad buy from a charity shop for 50p

I ran across something on smart cards in the Digikey catalog a while ago, if memory serves, they have cards, readers, programmers and evaluation kits. Maybe a place to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back