Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The next generation to displace dumb Smartphones

Tony Stewart

Most Helpful Member
Latest "smart phone" AI is the next generation.
Smart phones need smart users otherwise they waste your time doh !

Smart agent human interface.
Voice Recognition driven by natural language
10x faster than Siri & Google
Intuitive interface not just pages of apps
Trigger any action to any interface from intuitive = Large Action Model (LAM)
Smart learning any app to do what you want using LAM with AI
Uses advanced "Rabbit OS"
In a product called Rabbit R1 $199 avail. Easter '24
No idea about hardware cam etc but its the concept that is radically new "r1"

Lookout Samsung, Wauwei and oy Apple.

Last edited:
I hate it when Siri keeps saying, I can't do that, when I ask for web info while driving.. Then I have to open a browser, and enable mic in text field then press enter

It's ok, he likely does it all the time so he's good at it - just like the woman who ran into the back of my car when I was stopping for a school bus.

Seems a dangerous place to be driving the USA, it's long been an offence here to use a mobile phone while driving, and it's fairly strictly policed - it's got to the stage now you can't select music off your phone driving, or alter the sat nav if using your phone for it.

It's ok, he likely does it all the time so he's good at it - just like the woman who ran into the back of my car when I was stopping for a school bus.
Using a mobile phone in hand is illegal. Using Siri to your dash phone is not illegal to get directions on a map.
Both hands on wheel and eyes on the road. Making bad assumptions happens all the time.

You guys probably avoid talking to your wife while driving for your own safety.. (lol)

Using a mobile phone in hand is illegal. Using Siri to your dash phone is not illegal to get directions on a map.
that's what the lady that hit me tried to claim. The cop just smiled and said, "distracted driving is distracted driving - you just used distraction as an excuse for the accident". He didn't care if she was pushing a button on her in-dash radio or changing her gps location with a hands free device. My recommendation is, if you hit someone, tell the cop your breaks didn't work or the road was slick.

Both hands on wheel and eyes on the road. Making bad assumptions happens all the time.
Look above Mr Assumption - nobody assumed anything about what was in your hand.

I felt quite smart yesterday, I replaced a HD with a M2 ssd, and added 16Gig, cloned the old drive and updated linux,mint , Never spoken to a 'machine' in my life , well only to swear at it.

that's what the lady that hit me tried to claim. The cop just smiled and said, "distracted driving is distracted driving - you just used distraction as an excuse for the accident". He didn't care if she was pushing a button on her in-dash radio or changing her gps location with a hands free device. My recommendation is, if you hit someone, tell the cop your breaks didn't work or the road was slick.

Look above Mr Assumption - nobody assumed anything about what was in your hand.
Is that the excuse you use for not talking to your wife in the car?
"Driving you to Distraction" unlike a short shirt on the sidewalk. (lol)

The assumption here is that talking to AI on a phone paired to the car radio with a question is no more of an illegal distraction than asking the passenger for navigation advice.

Never assume anything in foreign territory and beware of the stats on female drivers.

A similar distraction to Siri's degradation from recent iOS updates is when your passenger has a different native language and is deaf in the left ear who often mis-translates what you said after you repeat it several times.

I wonder why Siri has no feature to self-train and improve your personalized voice database held in the server unlike Windows which does not need a server connection.

In any case this r1 rabbit will change the future of mobile communication just as touch screens changed the future of HID on computers.

Last edited:
Is that the excuse you use for not talking to your wife in the car?
"Driving you to Distraction" unlike a short shirt on the sidewalk. (lol)

The assumption here is that talking to AI on a phone paired to the car radio with a question is no more of an illegal distraction than asking the passenger for navigation advice.

Never assume anything in foreign territory and beware of the stats on female drivers.
Seems whenever I hear someone say, "don't acuse me of holding a phone" when nobody accused him of holding a phone - the guy was likely holding a phone.

Seems whenever I hear someone say, "don't acuse me of holding a phone" when nobody accused him of holding a phone - the guy was likely holding a phone.
I wonder if hands-free BT phone paired to car is illegal to use in your area?
Siri respects "distracted driving" by intentionally blocking web-search by voice-command from the driver but you can navigate to a browser and do it by touch (or if done on the roadside, when not moving ). Yet it does not block navigation commands. Like "Hey Siri use Waze to go to Maija's home." Siri assumes that this should not be a distraction. (unless it repeatedly misunderstands the words you spoke) But Siri is never responsible for your driving faults.

Last edited:
Like most modern cars, my new one (and the one before it) links via BT to my mobile phone (in my pocket) and allows voice control and hands free. One annoying 'feature' though, if you answer a call while in the car, the volume is really quiet, and you have to turn it up on the steering wheel controls, there seems no way to store the setting? - I presume my new car does it, as the old one did, and it's the exact same 'Infotainment System' as the previous car, I've not received or made any calls yet in the new car.

You can also plug the phone in, and access it on the cars screen, as it also usual - but I've never done that.

With Siri there are two volume settings. One for media and phone calls and one for voice commands and App voice feedback. This often causes me confusion. Every Car's OS's may have similar "features". I found in my Merc SUV that the phone BT volumes are always consistently good. Yet some apps do not port the app's voice from phone to BT so if playing music from phone in car, like Waze Maps, does not sound over speaker all the time but Apple Maps does.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back