Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebuka_2

As CD4047 is used to produce a sqaure wave, what can be used to produce a sine wave at 50Hz. I will be glad to welcome any form of help, be it in notes or diagrams. But I will prefer diagrams. Thank you!

ebuka_2 said:
As CD4047 is used to produce a sqaure wave, what can be used to produce a sine wave at 50Hz. I will be glad to welcome any form of help, be it in notes or diagrams. But I will prefer diagrams. Thank you!

Several methods to produce a 50hz sine wave could be proposed, however if you could provide available voltage and desired output voltage and power it would narrow the choices to those more applicable to your needs.

Lefty

Yes, it is that inverter stuff. I was wondering whether a square wave could be converter to sine wave without affecting its output power.

As I replied on the other website, a sine-wave feeding transistors that are biased to have a sine-wave output wastes a lot of power as heat.

A sine-wave inverter uses a complicated high frequency pulse-width-modulation circuit. The transistors quickly switch on and off to remain cool and not waste power. The duty-cycle of the waveform determines the output voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back