Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simpsons and Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Switzerland has decided that "Simpsons" are not recommended for children under the age of 12 years because of "brute force" and "p..ographic pictures" shown in the scenes.

Broadcasting Simpsons via Swiss TV channels has been altered from the late afternoon to late evening now.

What a f...! :D :D :D

Boncuk

A great deal has been written about hidden sophistication in the Simpsons, like Homer dreaming of various math problems.

I guess that is too sexy for the Swiss to tolerate. They would rather shield Roman Polanski, a convicted sexual predator and child rapist, from paying for his crime.

I like the Simpsons too. Sure beats the other trash on TV at the same time.

John

I've been watching the Simpson's for years! So where are the dirty parts that could be considered bad enough to warrant them being banned? :confused:

Oh well all this will do is likely boost ratings!

My first thought was that the Swiss had confused it with American Dad, which I do not watch. Not because of any particular images , I just don't enjoy it.

John

Last edited:
I prefer Family Guy over American Dad, the characters are almost the same but Family Guy has better humor, American Dad just goes straight for the raunchy stuff. As far as Simpsons goes I don't think it's too bad, any of the innuendo is pretty tame comparatively and children under 12 don't get the references used anyways. I've watched Disney movies with more inappropriate references than The Simpsons.

They would rather shield Roman Polanski, a convicted sexual predator and child rapist, from paying for his crime.
John

They're not shielding him, but making big money out of him. According to the
the latest news they let him return to his house in Switzerland with a pager connected.

The charge was US$ 4,000,000. If they charge that amount again Roman Polanski will probably go to Germany and apply for social support.

On the other hand I think the entire case has been handled pretty sloppy by US authorities. The case happened more than 30 years back - a period he has paid more than anybody else having been imprisioned for a comparative crime.

As an adult I sometimes end up watching older programs from when I was a kid, I pick up a lot of things I know I missed when I first saw it =)

On the other hand I think the entire case has been handled pretty sloppy by US authorities. The case happened more than 30 years back - a period he has paid more than anybody else having been imprisioned for a comparative crime.
Hasn't he been living in France, as a free man, until his arrest in Switzerland recently?:confused:

Hasn't he been living in France, as a free man, until his arrest in Switzerland recently?:confused:

That's correct, but doesn't change the fact that he should have been prosecuted on time (while he stayed in the USA).

Here's the part I didn't understand:

Somebody being sentenced to prison doesn't have to worry about getting caught anymore. Polanski had to worry more than 30 years, and that is what requires strong nerves. His profession certainly didn't make it easy.

The girl having been raped forgave him. If the victim can forgive people not being involved in the case should just forget about it after that long time. It's almost like delivering and forwarding an invoice 30 years later. :confused:

On the other hand sending an 80 year old man to prison will mean the same as death penalty to him.

I suppose pardoning him would be an elegant way and keep swiss justice off doubtful and dirty business (charging more than 1/2 of his savings to allow him living in his house).

Boncuk

Last edited:
Luv the Simpsons, but it's an adult cartoon. I would not show it to children. Unfortunately, children love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back