Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple Time delay relay circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletcher

I need help, want i want is a very small circuit to detect 5v and then to turn on a 5v relay about 5-7 seconds later.

Does anyone have any links or ideas?

I've not calculate the condenser, the value about 10uF. For exact timing You can experiment also with the charge resistor (68k).

Attachments

• relaydelay.GIF
    relaydelay.GIF
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,659
time delay computation

:D hi,

here's the formula you can use to compute the time you would want:
T = 1.0986(RxC) time is in seconds

using the 10uf cap
w/R = 68K - 7.4s, 62K - 6.8s, 56K - 6.1s, 51K - 5.6s, 47K - 5.1s

to sebi, i also had made a circuit somewhat similar to that, i used an SCR to drive the relay. :)

I see the point with the time delay circuit but Fletcher also wanted the circuit to first detect 5 volts and then delay the turn on time of the relay. I think a comparator voltage level detector would come in handy here. It appears the delay circuit would also require some means of initializing the delay when the 5 volt level is detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back