Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal Light Flasher for 6 volt vehicle (positive ground)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Ds

Hello again, I'm still working on my 65 year old pickup and now have some nice bright LED signal lights however I assumed I would be able to find a flasher unit that would work. There are no electronic flashers available to run LEDs on 6 volt let alone positive ground so I need a circuit to replace an automotive flasher unit.
This 12 volt one works perfectly on 12 volts either positive or negative ground as long as I use a resistor in parallel with the LEDs although on no less than 9 volts so no luck.

It uses a U643B flasher IC but I wonder if there wouldn't be a way to use a 555?
I don't think the coil is necessary as I don't have any bulbs left, only the LEDs so wouldn't need much current.
Anyway I hope someone in this forum might be able to steer me to a circuit I could build.
As it is only 2 terminals it would have to work inline. It gets negative constantly and when the signal switch is active, gets the +6volts thru the LEDs from ground.
Thanks for looking

Flasher 1.jpg
Flasher 2.jpg

Man I searched high and low. How do ya do it.
Just ordered some but it might take a month to get here from the UK....
Thanks

I've been asked that before. I didn't have to search long. I have some searches that I can't find.

Your welcome. Gimme a rating. Those little icons under (Quote).

Reactions: 3Ds
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back