Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Image, Light and Music

bearcat22

Any ideas how to do this project would be welcome:

I'm going to frame a poster, and I want to pair it with music.
There will be a device that can be turned on/off manually, by remote control, or it can be set to trigger from a motion sensor.

When triggered, a device will play a song. Ideally, this would be powered by rechargeable batteries, so no cords. So, a slim sound bar. But what to store the music on? Has to be something small.....I think I've got a mini cassette recorder somewhere, and some old cell phones.

Above the frame, I'd like to have a light of the type shown here. Unfortunately, it seems like absolutely everything being sold nowadays is complete junk. Either does not work, won't hold a charge, breaks as soon as the warranty period is over. Lotta negative reviews, I guess China is finally collapsing.

Ideally, the light would turn on from the motion detector also.

This one is from company called Enwegey, and it's sold on Amazon:

1693874600443.png

The print is Silver Warriors by Frank Frazetta, and I intend to pair it with Immigrant Song by Frank Frazetta.

1693874712917.png

Have a look at a "DY-SV17F" audio module, you should be able to fine them on ebay or amazon etc.

That's a miniature audio player that has 4MB built in storage, playing MP3 files of up to a few minute total duration and be triggered by a switch or logic signal.

You just load the audio file over USB.
Datasheet:

For direct button control, connect CON1 to the GND pin, CON2 to the 3.3V pin and add a 10K resistor between CON3/Busy and GND; that's "Independent Mode 0".
(See the datasheet for other modes. CON1 & CON2 can connect directly to GND or 3,3V, CON3 also works as the Busy output so needs a resistor in line with the ground or 3.3V connection.)

A switch contact to GND or logic ground on IO0 will then trigger file 0001.mp3 to play.
(Or IO1 to play file 0002.mp3 etc).

If you wanted it to play as long as the movement sensor was triggered, use mode 1

It needs 5V power - but takes a few milliamps when idle, so leaving it permanently powered on batteries may not be good for long term use.

I've seen mention of using the Busy signal to control a small MOSFET (2N7000?) that "latches on" a separate power switch, so once triggered it retains power until the audio file finishes and Busy switches low again, allowing it to turn of completely. I've not tried that, I'm using one with serial data control.

It also needs either a speaker for it's built-in amp, or an external stereo amp module connected to the DAC pins.

DY-SV17F_pinout.jpg

Thank you. Is there any such a thing as a kit to accomplish all this?

I have zero skill/knowledge/experience in this area.

I'm willing to acquire tools, but no idea what I'd need.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back