Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shure Mike Model #444 ??? / Freq scheme SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio quality is horrible. Ducks quacking. No bass and no treble.
The bandwidth is only 200Hz.

I am spoiled. I hear 20Hz to 20kHz live every day. I settle for 50Hz to 15kHz on FM radio. I don't listen to narrow-band AM radio that has a restricted response of 100Hz to 3.5kHz.

The audio quality is horrible. Ducks quacking. No bass and no treble.
The bandwidth is only 200Hz.

I am spoiled. I hear 20Hz to 20kHz live every day. I settle for 50Hz to 15kHz on FM radio. I don't listen to narrow-band AM radio that has a restricted response of 100Hz to 3.5kHz.

OK I explained that on the other site.

Inititially I had wondered why the likes of RadioRon has opted out of this discussion as this is his specialty, but considering your attitude towards previous advice given, I can understand his reluctance to contribute.
Perhaps if you accepted the fact that you have many misconceptions about your radio design, and accept advice with grace rather than making a quip like, "I am in stitches". You just might find some good advice to help make your project a success, but I suspect you will maintain your usual demeanor and act as if you are the wiser, in which case you will find advice scarce.

Sorry to be blunt.

Last edited:
"My baby is the most beautiful baby the world has ever seen",
seems to be your attitude towards the receiver you are building.

The audio is very distorted. Can't you hear that?

Inititially I had wondered why the likes of RadioRon has opted out of this discussion as this is his specialty, but considering your attitude towards previous advice given, I can understand his reluctance to contribute.
Perhaps if you accepted the fact that you have many misconceptions about your radio design, and accept advice with grace rather than making a quip like, "I am in stitches". You just might find some good advice to help make your project a success, but I suspect you will maintain your usual demeanor and act as if you are the wiser, in which case you will find advice scarce.

Sorry to be blunt.

:D You don't like being wrong. Do ya?

Sorry to be blunt.

Here's your problem. You want want to take the moral high ground. You try to establish rank at the get go, instead of discussing a topic. Once something doesn't go your way you start pouting. Try to keep an open mind. It is possible other people know things too. Your not the all knowing.

I like people and I encourage everyone. I don't put people down who try. I help them.

Just so happens I've been a ham 36 years and have done a bit of home brewing. I've met some real heavy weights in radio. All facets of it. Designers too. I've met guys that can carry on a conversation with you and be laughing in a conversation with someone else at the same time doing Morse Code at 60 plus words per minute.

I've met guys who can't keep a girl friend cause all they do is talk radio circuits. They go to a restaurant and draw block diagrams on napkins...lol.

I told you, you can get around matching the diodes. It depends on the diodes and batch sometimes. Did you see that symmetry? It works don't it? Don't get so upset. Be happy for me. I will help you.....I promiss. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back