Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shift register

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

The only way I can see me pulling off a good PLL is to compare 8-bits at a time.

anyways, In order for someone to convert one bit of continuous data to one byte, a shift register is used.

When I look at my local store, I see that there are "shift registers", and "static shift registers".

Should I automatically go for "static shift registers"?
I don't care if the data remains when the power is off.

What I hope to see is that the bits shift only when the register is edge triggered.

Frank Gee once designed a "pulse time sorter" using a shift register. The clock frequency was varied until a pulse entering the SR exactly matched a pulse coming out. This circuit was able to seperate a fixed tone from noise quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back