Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How mush is the phase-shift between this two waves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit more information now, but still very lacking - such as the makes and models of the amplifiers - your 'problem' is very strange, and not something that usually occurs or is ever a problem. I'm pretty bemused by even putting a scope on the outputs.

Is one of the amplifiers a class-D one perhaps?.
Both are Class AB.

photo_2021-08-25_11-42-08.jpg

photo_2021-08-25_11-42-14.jpg

If you need any information plz name it.

Phase shift due to different crossover networks in speakers ? Some speakers in
back have switch adjustments for cutoff which affect phase at speaker. They also
would affect amplifier loading and possible phase shift.

If you need to build a phase shifter network allpass would be the ticket -

In your scope, "Acquire" button, "Mode" then set it to "Average", adjust "Averages" setting to 64 for starters.
That will get rid of noise.

Regards, Dana.
I have made all-pass filter this to two circuits:

First-Order-All-Pass-Filter.jpg

Both of them works , But phase is vary in difference frequencies and also amplitude .
And yes speakers are part of circuit.

Would it be correct to say you want a adjustable group delay filter,
to create a delay for the entire spectrum that acts like a delay line ?

Regards, Dana.

I've never heard of any such issue - and I've used multiple amplifiers many, many times, of all types and kinds. The only issue is usually getting the speaker phasing correct.

But assuming you do have such a problem?, for a start find out where it's occurring - such as which amplifier it's happening in, and then which part of the amplifier it's happening in. As you have a scope, this would be trivial to do.

It would also be useful if you posted the makes and models of the amplifiers, as previously requested.

nd then which part of the amplifier it's happening in.
it is possible he's got a failing DC correction cap in the feedback network, either it's changed capacitance, or ESR is affecting the phase... it's the only thing i could think of that could do this...

it is possible he's got a failing DC correction cap in the feedback network, either it's changed capacitance, or ESR is affecting the phase... it's the only thing i could think of that could do this...
As he won't even tell us what the amps are we can't even check the schematics, assuming they are available. But those don't sound very likely anyway.

As I mentioned above, first thing is to find out which amp (if either) is delaying the audio - the second picture appears to be a car audio system?.

Gentlemen
Finally I found a good and stable solution. regarding to your help and idea.
I found that phase between these two AMPs is depends on equalizer ( there is DSP on one of them ) and it will never be correct by phase-shift circuit. although a simple phase-shift reacts to frequencies differently... thus I decided to make one of them as Master (one has DSP) and other as a Slave.

Now sound is really clear and fell with lowest distortion and music bass is strong.

photo_2021-08-27_13-46-00.jpg

I found pre-amp output from Master (which is SONY LBT-DR8AV 2 speakers are 6Ω) and inject it to Slave afther the its pre-amp (which is a car amp MBA-2850SM also 2 of speakers are 4Ω)

Last edited:
Dare we say K.I.S.S. ??

JImB

The Car AMP (slave one) pre-amp was in inverting style.

If you'd told us the make and models way back in post #17 as requested (which took to post #29), it would have been explained long ago.

But basically you're using a crap crap music centre, and a car amp, neither intended for this kind of use - even worse, the car amp is probably the most suitable of the two :D

If you'd told us the make and models way back in post #17 as requested (which took to post #29), it would have been explained long ago.

But basically you're using a crap crap music centre, and a car amp, neither intended for this kind of use - even worse, the car amp is probably the most suitable of the two :D

knowing the models was not good to know about schematic I explained every vital info at the first. As you realized the models are out of date and knowing won't help. Thanks for your advices , Electronics is my hobby and I had this bunch of low price device in my basement just try to create something better by myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back