Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send email (SSL) with SIM800 or SIM900 GSM Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

crocu

Hello

Has someone been able to send an email with SIM900 or SIM800L modems ?
I have SIM800L with firmware B04 that supports SLL.

I'm trying to send an email with AT Commands but i always get the error code +SMTPSEND : 62

Can someone show me the commands to success, as a try i would like to use a personnal GMAIL or YAHOO Mail account to send an email. ( Yahoo SSL uses port 465 )

This is what i did so far with no success :

Code:
AT+SAPBR=3,1,"CONTYPE","GPRS"

AT+SAPBR=3,1,"APN","mmsbouygtel.com"

AT+SAPBR=1,1

AT+SAPBR=2,1

AT+EMAILCID=1

AT+EMAILTO=120

AT+EMAILSSL=1

AT+SMTPSRV="smtp.mail.yahoo.com",465

AT+SMTPAUTH=1,"xxxxxxxx@yahoo.fr","xxxxxxxx"

AT+SMTPFROM="xxxxxxxx@yahoo.fr","ME"

AT+SMTPRCPT=0,0,"recipient@gmail.com"

AT+SMTPSUB="test email through GPRS"

AT+SMTPBODY=4

TeSt

AT+SMTPSEND

+SMTPSEND : 62
62 means DNS resolve error

This is a common problem with SIM800L. Im not sure if the factory is completely aware of this but the email function does not work(SSL or not) although it is advertised as a feature.
The only working examples on the net are for SIM900.

I actually called to Simcom in china. Their recommendation:
The DNS error means that module’s DNS server can’t resolve correspondent IP address according to mail domain name.

Could you please configure the AT command AT+CDNSCFG to configure DNS to switch domain name to ip address. Thanks.

I tried to configure CDNSCFG to email server IP address (also requires you to turn on PDP context) but no change.

If there is anyone who has successfully used SIM800 to send/read emails please let us know. because so far I know no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back