Scr issws

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet, alot of progress there, but im still surprised that r3 helped it from firing early, i just dont get how limiting the charge current helps things...

but now coilgun is working and i have done up and tested a chronograph for it as well, I was also able to figure out how to use the oneshot trigger on my scope and have been able to now see that ring that i was watching out for, which is still relatively small,

however i now run to a problem with firing of the coil, where at >300v there is a 15% chance that when the coil fires there is a huge spark & pop , and projectile seems to fly faster than usual, on average though with the small coil i seem to get velocities of 10-50m/s, with coil 2 mm in front of projectile, any further, coil is not strong enough.

i have also tested it on a second coil, which is about 2-3x size of the first one, i find this coil is more stable and no more sparks and pops, also this coil is ideal at about 5mm distance from projectile, however velocity now holds steady at 15m/s,

but what is best, should i just start trimming the large coil down to find a happy middle?

i will post discharge voltage curves later on tonite...
EDIT: nm. lost the images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…