Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scr issws

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet, alot of progress there, but im still surprised that r3 helped it from firing early, i just dont get how limiting the charge current helps things...

but now coilgun is working and i have done up and tested a chronograph for it as well, I was also able to figure out how to use the oneshot trigger on my scope and have been able to now see that ring that i was watching out for, which is still relatively small,

however i now run to a problem with firing of the coil, where at >300v there is a 15% chance that when the coil fires there is a huge spark & pop , and projectile seems to fly faster than usual, on average though with the small coil i seem to get velocities of 10-50m/s, with coil 2 mm in front of projectile, any further, coil is not strong enough.

i have also tested it on a second coil, which is about 2-3x size of the first one, i find this coil is more stable and no more sparks and pops, also this coil is ideal at about 5mm distance from projectile, however velocity now holds steady at 15m/s,

but what is best, should i just start trimming the large coil down to find a happy middle?

i will post discharge voltage curves later on tonite...
EDIT: nm. lost the images:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back