Schematic Capture & PCB software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSGarcia

I thought of perhaps piggy-backing on the [Best PCB Software] thread, but my needs are slightly different.

My needs are those of a low-budget commercial operation but custom electronics is not the business but only a necessary evil with a few PCBs. If I need a board larger than about 4" by 6-1/2", then Eagle would cost, I think about $1200 for the full version including autorouting and about $800 without.

I have been using the software from PCB123 which was fine for a double-sided board about 10" long with thru-hole components.

Now, I will have a few SMDs and I think one device had 100+ legs and another one perhaps 64 and another with maybe 32. This means that I would like to get a solder paste stencil, which I can do through Stencils Unlimited, but, I am feeling limited about my choices with this propritary solution and the concern about being locked into a single vendor. I would like to decide what is best before I do this next complex design.

Does anyone have any software package suggestions for my situation--schematic capture, PCB board design, and solder paste stencil but perhaps for under $250? I am happy with PCB123, but is there something else out there I should consider?
Thanks,
Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…