Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic Capture & PCB software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSGarcia

I thought of perhaps piggy-backing on the [Best PCB Software] thread, but my needs are slightly different.

My needs are those of a low-budget commercial operation but custom electronics is not the business but only a necessary evil with a few PCBs. If I need a board larger than about 4" by 6-1/2", then Eagle would cost, I think about $1200 for the full version including autorouting and about $800 without.

I have been using the software from PCB123 which was fine for a double-sided board about 10" long with thru-hole components.

Now, I will have a few SMDs and I think one device had 100+ legs and another one perhaps 64 and another with maybe 32. This means that I would like to get a solder paste stencil, which I can do through Stencils Unlimited, but, I am feeling limited about my choices with this propritary solution and the concern about being locked into a single vendor. I would like to decide what is best before I do this next complex design.

Does anyone have any software package suggestions for my situation--schematic capture, PCB board design, and solder paste stencil but perhaps for under $250? I am happy with PCB123, but is there something else out there I should consider?
Thanks,
Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back