Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Electrical Estimating Software

Hi, I am about to take my journeyman certification test here in California and eventually would like to start my own business. I am aware that

in California, you need 4 years of journey-level experience. I have an associates in Electrical Construction and Maintenance which the CSLB said

they would give me 1.5 years of experience. Plus I currently have 1.5 years of "journey level experience," as the CSLB requires. So just about a

year left!!! My question is in regard to estimating software. I know this is premature for my situation but I wanted to know what EC's out

there use for software and approximate prices. In school, we used ConEst software, which seemed pretty easy to navigate and I believe it

updated itself for current material pricing. So what do you guys use?

Hi, I am about to take my journeyman certification test here in California and eventually would like to start my own business. I am aware that

in California, you need 4 years of journey-level experience. I have an associates in Electrical Construction and Maintenance which the CSLB said

they would give me 1.5 years of experience. Plus I currently have 1.5 years of "journey level experience," as the CSLB requires. So just about a

year left!!! My question is in regard to estimating software. I know this is premature for my situation but I wanted to know what EC's out

there use for software and approximate prices for Lumber Takeoff Services. In school, we used ConEst software, which seemed pretty easy to navigate and I believe it

updated itself for current material pricing. So what do you guys use?
appreciate all thoughts. thanks in advance

Congratulations on your journeyman certification journey and your future business plans – that's impressive! When it comes to estimating software, you're definitely thinking ahead. ConEst software seems like a solid option with its user-friendly navigation and automatic material pricing updates. Another software to consider could be Accubid, which offers advanced estimating tools for electrical contractors. As for managing your business, integrating automated billing schedules can be a game-changer. Wishing you all the best in your certification and business endeavors!

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back