Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RPM Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pating

referring to a previous thread with several schematic diagrams, I wanted to build an rpm switch that activates a device when a certain engine rpm is reached and is above that threshold, and deactivates when engine rpm drops below the same threshold.

from this thread: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/motorcycle-rpm-switch.18122/

image-06_schematicb-jpg.6179

I think this circuit is what i need. I also need some help regarding the VR settings. I want a circuit to close a switch (Relay 1 NO terminals) when the input detects a preset RPM.

Am I correct that if i select LK1 to L/H position, the relay will be energized if pin8 of IC1 is high? How will i adjust VR1 and VR2 so the relay will be energized if input at pin1 is above 10Khz?

The easiest way would be to have the input at 10kHz and simply measure the voltage generated, then adjust VR2 to match the voltage.

Am I correct that if i select LK1 to L/H position, the relay will be energized if pin8 of IC1 is high?
No. If pin 8 is high then Q1 turns on, turning off Q2; so the relay will be de-energised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back