Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotary switch single button replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymmy

Guys, anyone can help to desing simple 2 or 3 pole like rotary switch replacement done on single IC preferably CD40XX or 555 powered from 5V. I need select 2 or 3 different Crystal Mhz so it should work like 3-pole mechanical rotary switch.
Thanks

ymmy said:
Guys, anyone can help to desing simple 2 or 3 pole like rotary switch replacement done on single IC preferably CD40XX or 555 powered from 5V. I need select 2 or 3 different Crystal Mhz so it should work like 3-pole mechanical rotary switch.
Thanks

I wouldn't have thought the cmos switches would be very good for switching crystals - what are you trying to do?.

Hi Nigel, i’m just trying to get rid of mechanical switch in the part of schematic attached below. Would be even better if possible to select 3 different crystals since I’m going to add one more if possible…

Attachments

• crsw.jpg
    crsw.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 425
I don't know any IC for that function, normally PIN diodes are used. Just turn the diode on for "ON" and reverse bias it for "OFF". I think M/ACOM is out of business now, but they made a 3 diode switch: MA8334-004.

As i see, You use 2input NAND gate. Why not build two or three oscillators and enable/disable with other input...

Attachments

• crsw.gif
    crsw.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 393
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back