Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ron to Roff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roff

Ok, guys, to eliminate any confusion between RonH and me (I was Ron H), I am now, as you can plainly see, Roff. :)

ROFLMAO!

Sorta like the flow control twins. You remeber them: Xon and Xoff.

Very, very clever!

Roff said:
Ok, guys, to eliminate any confusion between RonH and me (I was Ron H), I am now, as you can plainly see, Roff. :)

:eek: :eek: Have you thought of your posts quoted by other members? "Originally posted by Ron H". This might generate more confusion in my opinion.

By the way, RonH joined the forum on 2004 and there hasn't been any confusion for 3 years. Hopefully two members won't choose the same avatar :rolleyes:

Papabravo said:
ROFLMAO!

Very, very clever!
You got it. The name came from when I did a lot of work with output drivers on DRAM chips. We often called the drive strength parameter "Ron". Since the spelling was the same as my name, and since I am a somewhat of a wordsmith, I adopted Roff as one of my nicknames.

eng1 said:
:eek: :eek: Have you thought of your posts quoted by other members? "Originally posted by Ron H". This might generate more confusion in my opinion.
That could happen. It'll just make RonH look good.:D

By the way, RonH joined the forum on 2004 and there hasn't been any confusion for 3 years. Hopefully two members won't choose the same avatar :rolleyes:

Papabravo said:
ROFLMAO!

Very, very clever!

Oh wait. Now I get it. on/off lol. I was thinking where the hell did Roff come from?

lol. that is pretty good. :) Ron/Roff... :p

Marks256 said:
lol. that is pretty good. :) Ron/Roff... :p
We should start calling you Mon/Moff by analogy.

Papabravo said:
We should start calling you Mon/Moff by analogy.

Well let me tell ya, some times i feel that way. :p

I think the other bloke should have to change his name.

Perhaps you could have asked him, failing that complained to Nigel or ElectroMaster about it.

I have heard of f-off, but never Roff.
I know many people with the name Ron, but nobody is called Roff. It is unique.

audioguru said:
I have heard of f-off, but never Roff.
I know many people with the name Ron, but nobody is called Roff. It is unique.
There's a reason for that you know lol.

roff was the first Unix text-formatting program, also the most important application run on the first machine specifically purchased to run UNIX, and a predecessor of the nroff and troff document processing systems on Unix.

I'd say that was a suitable pedigree for a name.

Having already earned yourself a nice little reputation for helpful and knowledgable posts it might be an idea if you were to include this in your signature for a while.
I think everybody builds up a little picture of those who's posts they trust and those who's posts might be questionable. Personally I feel your posts are to be a trusted source and the only way I can continue that theme is if I know who you are. Of course I've read this thread now so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm thinking about others who perhaps don't read the ****-chat section?

Cheers Ron,

Brian.

ThermalRunaway said:
Having already earned yourself a nice little reputation for helpful and knowledgable posts it might be an idea if you were to include this in your signature for a while.
I think everybody builds up a little picture of those who's posts they trust and those who's posts might be questionable. Personally I feel your posts are to be a trusted source and the only way I can continue that theme is if I know who you are. Of course I've read this thread now so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm thinking about others who perhaps don't read the ****-chat section?

Cheers Ron,

Brian.
Good idea. It is done.

I'm on vacation in Minnesota, in a place where I can't get online. Right now I'm in the parking lot of Day's Inn in beautiful downtown Fergus Falls, using their wireless network.
"See" you guys in a couple of weeks.

Roff (Ron)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back