Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RobotBuilder Content Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittuck

Hi,

I know some of you are into robotics and related things so i wanted to draw your attention to a competition being run at robotbuilder.co.uk.

Basically you write a tutorial, or short article and then at the end of the two week segment people vote for the best submission, best two get prizes.

Even better is that at the end of the 3 month competition period there will be a grand vote on the best overall submission with 3 uber cool prizes up for grabs:

Via epia 5000, 256mb RAM, 12v DC/DC power board, IDE to Compact Flash adapter
uMMC Storage Solution with 128meg SD card
Parallax USB Oscilloscope. *On the web site it states that you will need a Basic Stamp to complete the experiments/exersizes in the accompanying book. Most of them, however are easily transported too a PICAxe, for example.

The two week competition prizes are:

2 x PIC16F628 A I/P
1 x Philips PCF8591 4 channel 8bit i2C A/D D/A converter
1 x TL1431ACZ voltage reference
1 x Micromega uM-FPU V2.0 Floating Point Coprocessor (I2C/SPI)
2 x 18 pin IC sockets (for PICs)
1 x 16 pin IC socket (for PCF8591)
1 x 8 pin socket (for uM-FPU)

A nice little lot to play with (i know i got one + another on the way!)

So come on, full rules are avaliable here:

http://www.robotbuilder.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=670

There is nothing to lose!

Now technically you should write about something to do with robotics, some things such as radio control, vision systems, kits and other things have not yet been discussed. So have a look around. While you are there pls check out the forums, good place to find people for the mechanical parts of robotics. Most of the people will know where to find something or know how to make them!

Regards,

- Martyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back