Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF ID Enabled Door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeyes56

Hi,
I don't know if this is the right place to post it, please forgive me if not.

I'm an Computer Engineering Student, and I have a subject of PROJECT STUDY, where we build/create devices related to Computer Engineering.

I got an idea of making an RFID Enabled Door, where an RF tag is attached to an ID. To be able to enter that door, the RF tag in the ID should present/pass/read to an "RF Reader".

In this case, I'm not much knowledgeable on RF, i would like to ask if someone could help me to determine what are the types of RF Reader, tag, RF Encoder to program the tag if needed.

i just need to know how to get the data from the RF Reader.

For future refference, please try to avoid multiple posts, it gives us a head ache when we have to read all of them. Just edit your first post so that all the information is in one place.

As for your post, there are lots of ways to go about doing this. Using a microcontroller would be the best option since it would be more portable than having a computer based system. In the link you posted it shows an Arduino, these are fairly easy to program and just about anyone can do it with a bit of practice.

Most RFID tags don't need to be programed. They are unpowered while they are away from the reader. When they get within range of the reader, they get their power from the readers RF signal itself. They then transmit a signal containing their uniquie ID to the reader which decodes them and sends them to a microcontroller.

I made a door lock a few years ago using an RFID reader but instead of a microcontrller, it used a 74LS74 flip-flop, a 4001, and a 4011. It was very simple but it was tamper proof in the fact that any attempt to hack it would trigger the alarm. But this doesn't sound like what you are looking for.

ow, sorry for multiple comment,
after searching in internet, i got a little bit idea where and how to start,

yes, that's what I'm thinking too, your also right that what you've done before is different to what i want, because i would like to pass only those who are in the list, so that no intruder could open it.

The only thing I'm thinking is where to buy the ID-12 Innovation RFIF Card Reader and a RFID Tag, i found sites but i don't know if they can send my orders in my country,

i may get back here to ask another related question if i already purchased those things i needed.

by the way, thanks for your reply,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back