Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rf dog finder circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-dog

Hi, I want to build a RF dog finder for, you guessed it - my dog! Does anyone know of any circuits that i could build or point me in the right direction? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Spend the bux and get the GPS dog tracking system from Garmin.

I have spend hundreds of hours tracking Emergency Locator Beacons (121.5Mhz), and putting a radio collar on the dog and using Radio Direction Finding is NOT the way to do it.

Just get one of those invisable fence systems. You just carry the transmitter with you.
Believe me you will know where your dog is at when you turn off the transmitter.

Or a bullet and new dog works too!

At 121mhz no wonder, it's impossible to get good directionality from a hand held unit. You could do it with higher frequencies more easily, but then you have distance and interference issues. I'd go with Mike, buy a commercial unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back